Matured imported & domestic flavored with a mint cordial to give a cool satisfying smoke with an unusually pleasant aroma

BrandClan Shaw
Blended ByTobacco Direct
ContentsCavendish, Black Cavendish
FlavoringMint
Strength
Very Mild, Mild
Very Mild, Medium
Taste
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
1.5
WNDE Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WNDE (69)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

This is one of the mildest aromatics that I have ever smoked. The mint cordial is almost indiscernible. The pouch does have a slight mint aroma and I could taste it upon smoking but it is so understated I feel it needs to be stronger. If I am smoking an aromatic I expect it to be an aromatic and have some flavor. The tobacco taste itself is the usual plain Clan Shaw offering. If I want to enjoy tobacco taste alone I?ll smoke a nice Virginia or English blend.

Hawkeyeted Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hawkeyeted (14)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Upon opening the pouch I was greeted with a very mild mint odor, with plenty of tobacco to back it up. I did think that it was a rather strange combination. Fairly moist with the signature matured Virginia color. Pack easily, no stems. After light off, I immediatly noticed a nice mint flavor, but I felt it didn't contrast well with the sweet tobacco flavor that normally comes from a Virginia. There was no noticable bite, or gurgle. The room aroma was very similar to the tobacco flavor, once again contasting mint and tobacco.

I am not sure that this is one for everyone, but if you are looking for something new, this may be a nice place to dabble.