A superior aromatic mixture characterized by extra mild Black Cavendish tobaccos, mature Virginia and a touch of Burley. It has been flavored with an extremely mild blend of sweet vanilla type flavors and fresh fruity notes to obtain a long-lasting taste and a very pleasant aroma. Easy to fill into a pipe, slow burning with a cool smoke.

BrandW.O. Larsen
ContentsBurley, Virginia, Black Cavendish
FlavoringVanilla
Strength
Taste
2.9
gam86 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gam86 (34)

Just finished my second pouch of this tobacco and I think W.O. Larsen never disappoint you, their tobaccos give you want you want. The Sweet Aromatic is not to strong and doesn't punch your tongue with a strong taste. Also, the cut is fine and easy, it smokes by itself and it doesn't requires a strong attention during your smoking session. It is an all day tobacco.

jlmdoval Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jlmdoval (11)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Very nice blend! Vanilla is imperceptible until ½ of the bowl. After that the flavour shows itself however the fruity note is much more noticeable.

Great room note from my wife and it leaves a pleasant after-smoke taste into your mouth (not a ash or cigarette-like).

Skando Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skando (155)

This is a nice quality aromatic.

Vanilla & some fruity component (most probably cherries) are not heavily applied, leaving some true tobacco flavour to show. Nic is mild but not overly so. Burns surprisingly cool and refreshing, never sharp nor goopy. Not my cup of tea, but a nice chance when the sweet tooth comes.

Some cigar leaf will add some meat to the smoke…

Three stars are given as the balance between the quality of the tobacco per se, and my personal preferences.

mr Afo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mr Afo (5)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

This tobacco I just bought after reading at the backside of the pouch.

I was looking for something mild/sweet and aromatic. -It is, but not really the very mild that I wanted. Very nice tin aroma.

I find it to easy to smoke varm. Too harsh to my throat. And I do use filter...

About vanilla; I don´t know. I can´t tell, but very nice room note. I get quite a good taste after a smoke.

50g pouch is also avaliable

---------------------------

Update of recomendation Because it has so nice room note and tin aroma, even if it burns to varm, -3 stars

fruktflugan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fruktflugan (19)
Medium Medium Medium Strong

Have tried this on a couple of occasions, but don't really get into it at all. It burns well and keeps lit, but that's about the best that can be said for this tobacco.

It tastes too harsh and it leaves a stench behind that is horrible, it's like you can taste the smell afterwards.

Not many tobacco's have earned the pleasure of being dumped out in the bin, but this is pretty close. Will try it one more time to see if it grows on me, but probably not.

Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

W. O. Larsen seldom fails to deliver, and Sweet Aromatic is no exception. It's got all the flavor of its base tobaccos, plus a mix of vanilla and cherry to round up an excellent aromatic mixture with no tongue bite and great burning qualities.

Watson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Watson (20)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Of course good quality for a Larsen product but again... nothing special, I thought it would have the fine burning and the full taste of "Mellow Mixture" combined with some stronger aroma but I got disappointed. Not the tobacco I expected, as it is one more ordinary Danish blend.

Steden Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Steden (84)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

A quite decent aromatic with a pleasantly sweet-tart flavouring which remind of vanilla and red berries (something like red currant and sour cherry) it smokes easy, cool and is absolutely tolerable to the mouth, the hitch is that it has just a bit of tobacco taste.

viscfab Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
viscfab (81)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

Another great Larsen blend. Caramel flavours well blended with top quality leaf. Cool buring, fragrant, no goop on the pipe. If you want to get to the next level in Larsen blends try the Simply Unique blend. Recommended.

JackinJapan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JackinJapan (12)

This has become my everyday, carry-around tobacco. Although it is an aromatic, it has almost no bite at all and remains mild on the tongue throughout the smoke.

On opening the pouch the aroma of the tobacco itself is very pleasant without being too strong -very pleasant smell of tobacco itself with subdued fruity undertones. The quality is very high with no stems that need to be picked out ever being found and the moisture content being very good from the start, making for an easy to pack, easy to light and stay lit, cool smoke.

The most amazing thing for me about this tobacco, and the reason that I am sure I will keep coming back to it again and again, is the first few puffs on lighting a newly packed bowl. There is a burst of flavor that is slightly nutty with fruit undertones that exquisitely compliments a high quality good old tobacco taste that is almost sublime. Though it is short lived and settles down quickly to just a very pleasant smoke, those first few puffs are probably as close to ecstasy as pipe smoking will ever get for me. I wish it lasted throughout the bowl but I guess orgasms don't last very long either, hehe.

The other amazing thing for me is that this tobacco has the least bite of any aromatic I have found, even some more-expensive, higher-quality tobaccos. I can smoke several bowls over a day and not have my tongue be any the worse for wear.

The only drawback is that I have found I have to clean my pipe more frequently or a sour taste can develop towards the end of a bowl. This results in my sometimes stopping a bowl before it is finished but then again I have already had the best part, haven't I. :-)

------------

Bottom Line: For an over the counter blend this tobacco has the best tasting first few puffs that I have experienced; mild, cool, amazingly biteless aromatic; pleasant smoke afterwards through most of the bowl but can develop a sour taste towards the end - starting with a freshly cleaned pipe can help prevent this.

TeeBee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TeeBee (19)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

WO Larsen is one the greatest makers of high quality tobacco (it almost broke my heart when I saw that they had closed down their faboulus shop in Copenhagen (I beleive there's a Nike store there now)), and this is no exception. And when it comes to aromatics no one can beat them. This is a typical Larsen, not the best but good enough. I really appreciate aromatics but this one is a little bit too sweet for me to be having four stars.

Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

As most Larens? tobaccos, Sweet Aromatic is made from high quality leaf, careful blending, and a topping that is at once flavorsome, sweet-ish, but not at all cloying, dense or enervating. The tobacco taste is there, but it?s mild, elegant and fresh.

I like most Larens? blends because of these qualities, and because they are far from having an artificial or chemical undertone. The tobacco, as noted, is not musky or humid. Like Selected Blend No. 80 it?s rather dry, but not in the CD sense of dryness: it?s more a natural state, perfect for immediate consumption, and with excellent burning qualities.

The flavor and aroma are very nice. There?s a certain politeness to most Larsens?, and this one is no exception. Most civilized people will compliment the smoker on the aroma. It does lack a bit of strength and it can become slightly dull. But if having coffee and just wanting to relax without annoying anybody around you, this one of those ?perfect blends?. A nice change of pace, even for those none-aromatic smokers.

DUPE.629 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Sweet Aromatic.21/03/07. I didn't know exactly what to expect with S/W.But I did get a pleasant surprise! Very easy to light and nothing nasty to my taste bud's.Smoked very smoothly along the way,plus,a mildish,but pleasant taste to bowl's end.Plus,no bitterness at the end like some blend's.It also left a very nice greyish ash at the the bottom of the bowl. The verdict is...Nothing offensive here,but,may be a trifle lame for those who prefer a little more oomph!

giturra Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
giturra (31)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

After trying WOL's Fresh and elegant, I craved for some more of this great brand tobaccos, they're hard to find around here and we only get a few variations. Now, this one is as solid and of excelent quality as F&E, it's more subtle though, it's sweet and aromatic as promised but in a very soft way. It may be a bit boring to some people, I liked it, but expected more of it, again, it's a great tobacco, and I will surely keep exploring this brand's products, but also I'm sure they have better ones than this. Still good though, it has a great cavendish taste and a very subtle vanillaish sort of aftertaste, it smokes easily and cooly, and smells great; so try it if your'e an aromatic smoker.

pocket Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pocket (27)
Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

For the first time an aromatic that I really like. I bought a second puch of it. In Holland is is not for sale in a tin.

The sweetness is not too sweet. It smokes cool and dry and no tonguebite at all. The stuff burns slowly and in the evening I can even enjoy it with a good glass of wine. The sweetness, however not overwhelming, combines very good with the wine!

I smoke it in a unikate Butz-Choqiun, specially reserverd for the aromatics. I can highly recommend it even when you are not a true aromatic lover!

Tiger Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tiger (53)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Sweet Aromatic is aptly named but that is not to say it is sickly sweet like so many other blends. It is nice enough, especially for a predominantly cavendish blend and any confirmed aromatic fan really ought to give it a try. I don't smoke aromatics too often and happen to like a different vanilla aromatic much better than SA, but that's a personal thing. In general though, Larsen's Sweet Aromatic is a decent bet to be one of the better vanilla aromatics out there and so it's a 3 star blend in my book.

Tiger

Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Strong

For once a manufacturer's description is right on the money! This is a very aromatic tobacco, but suprisingly is remarkably dry. In fact, I can't recall an aromatic tobacco ever being this dry right out of the tin.

The mixture is composed of about 65% black vanilla cavendish, with the balance being light and dark virginias and a few flakes of what appears to be a rubbed out pressed burley. I'm pretty certain that the black cavendish component is made from virginias as opposed to burley. It is quite an attractive looking mixture. The tin aroma is quite strong, but not enough to bowl you over. Still, there's no mistaking that this a very sweet tobacco.

The tobacco packs well and lights easily thanks to the relatively low moisture content. It is extremely sweet when first lit, but settles down quickly into something more tolerable. It's very atypical black cavendish with its strong vanilla flavor and tendency to caramelize into a pancake breakfast as the bowl progresses. Interestingly enough, the supporting light and dark components never really get lost in the dominant flavor and tobacco taste is not so heavily masked that you can't find it. This is quite a complex blend for its type and very reminisent of Butera's Sweet Cavendish without the goop.

This tobacco is also stronger in nicotine than its american counterparts. It has a strong room note and is very pleasing to others. Definitely one of the better black cavendish mixtures on the market, but quite a bit sweeter than what I'm used to. The best use for this mixture is probably early morning or as a desert tobacco. I think it fits all skill levels and probably would make a first rate aromatic for those just starting out. Recommended.

SFC/E7 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SFC/E7 (93)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

W.O. Larsen tobaccos I usually veer away from, but being a pipe smoker who enjoys a good aromatic I had to give this a try. Over the past couple of weeks I have smoked this tobacco maybe 5 or 6 times in several size bowls finding it smokes better in the medium size bowl.

This tobacco reminds me of Stokkebye's Black and Tan with it's taste, cut and aroma. I added this to my occasional list of tobaccos as it is a mild tobacco IMO.

As I smoked this tobacco I find it gets better once you smoke it through the half-way point of the bowl with the mild Vanilla aroma, although, I never did taste or detect the fruitiness of the tobacco. This presented itself as slow cool tobacco down to the bottom of the bowl, with, IMO had no tongue bite.

Skilling Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skilling (80)
Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

A very nice cavendish blend. Mild and somewhat sweet, but not overpowering.

Maybe better than Stokkebye's Evening Treasure; not as tangy or sharp at 1st light thru top 3rd bowl.

The vanilla was nicely introduced and not smothering; in fact, it's somewhat difficult for me to detect because of the equal mixtures of fruity notes as well as an occasional nutty essense.

This is an all day smoke for those who like cavendish blends. Good change of pace for the dominate VA smoker like me.

*This is one of the better aromatics on the market.