The first in the series. Five Star is a rich blend of five different Virginia tobaccos. There are three red Virginias, one which is hand-rubbed from cake, and two stoved black Virginias. This mixture has a naturally high sugar content and woodsy undertones. It's smooth. It's cool and clean burning. It's a natural Virginia smoker's dream. It's Five Star!

BrandVegasSmokes
Strength
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Mild to Medium
Unnoticeable, Pleasant to Tolerable
2.5

This is a nice, mild to medium blend of different Virginias, some in broken flake form and the rest ribbon cut. There is a nice contrast between red, tan and black leaf. In the sample pouch I received from Vegas Smoke the aroma was similar to some McClelland blends, but not as pungent or offensive. The tobacco comes rather moist, with an oily texture, but it is not gooey or sticky. It was fairly easy to pack and after the second light it smoked pretty well.

As I slowly progressed through the bowl, I first experienced a subtle BBQ-like taste (tangy, sweet and sour), followed by a typical Virginian zest, quite agreeable and smooth. It did not burn hot. It reminded me of Brindle Flake, but not as spicy. Eventually it smoked remarkably like McClelland?s Red Cake, but not as sweet and perhaps with a bit more of body.

An uncomplicated and fairly balanced smoke, easy going and palatable. Virginian simplicity at its best. I wouldn?t mind this as a change of pace when in the mood for a mild, down-to-earth Virginia smoke. Recommended as a courteous introduction to straight Virginias.

youdaman10 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
youdaman10 (12)
Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

My first shot at a tobacco review. Lets see how I do. I purchased a five star sampler pack from Vegas Smokes as my first attempt an English blends. This product (being all Virginia?) seemed exceptionally mild, almost bland. While not bad in flavor, it seemed to be missing something. Not enough ummph for myself. I didn't rate the room note since I smoke outside. This tobacco did leave me with a nice and long lasting finish. As a cigar smoker, I appreciated the English flavor. As a mostly aromatic pipe smoker, I appreciated the lack of a significant gurgle. Will move on to try the other blends.