Complex in it's flavors, this blend includes five different Virginia's, Latakia, Perique, and hint of Turkish. It is full flavored and slow burning, with a pleasant smooth result, much like the olde' English blends.

BrandThe Smoker
Blended ByMel Feldman
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Perique, Latakia
Packaging2oz / 4oz Tin
Strength
Taste
constantsmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
constantsmoker (63)

Over the years, I have purchased a few pipes from Mel Feldman ("The Smoker") but never had the opportunity to sample any of his blends, due primarily to his hassles with the State of New York. So it was with great anticipation that I awaited the arrival of this re-created blend at my door. Legacy is a marvelous blend that is dominated throughout by some very flavorful Latakia. What makes this such a great smoke is the combination of Turkish (specifically Yenidje) and Perique tobaccos, and their success in 'taming' the rich Latakia component. There's a bit of sweetness present in the form of what I take to be yellow Virginias. (Contrary to one or more reviewers, I found no hint of Cavendish-process tobacco in the mix.) Taken together, this blend is a treat from start to finish.

Pipe Used: Brandy curved stem

JB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JB (40)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Very Pleasant

I disagree with the previous reviewer, I think this is a delicious blend that is well balanced and smokes well in every respect.

K. MacNeal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
K. MacNeal (2)
Mild None Detected Mild Very Pleasant

I would have to recommend this particular smoke. There is a very mild foretaste, almost undetectable, but halfway in there is a very delicious middle ground. Unfortunately, this blend has a very, very nasty aftertaste. Might want to bring some gum along. However, I have received numerous complements on how great it smells, so I suppose that is one good thing to say for it.

pmonroeb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pmonroeb (92)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Tolerable

Another English with a hint of aromatic cavendish, similar to Frogmorton. A quality tobacco, but no better than most of this breed. I find that I tire quickly of the cavendish element.