This is a great, different aromatic. Smooth, low bite, with great taste and aroma. It packs good and smokes to the bottom. It is combined with many different pure flavorings in the Cavendish cut.

BrandThe Smoker
Blended ByMel Feldman
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish
Strength
Taste
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A medley of brown and black cavendish mainly providing a sweet molasses, bready flavor with vanilla riding shotgun along with a slight nuttiness. It's moist out of the tin, so you may consider giving it a short drying time. The tobacco is springy ribbon cut for even burning, though I recommend taking it slow as you smoke. Has little nicotine. Won't bite, but gets just a little warm if puffed fast. A mild to medium all day smoke that makes a fine dessert smoke with a cup of tea or coffee. Leaves a little moisture in the bowl, and needs few relights.Has a consistent flavor all the way through, and an okay after taste. Provides a pleasant room note for the ladies, too. More of a two and half star blend.

CornCob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CornCob (94)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Mr.Feldman you've done it again!This stuff i really like...alot. Living far away and out of the country this stuff is rather difficult and expensive to get my paws on so i was rather blue when my pouch was empty. This stuff has an unforgettable flavour that rivals that of old school tobaccanist's private aromatic blends.Its smooth as velvet, burns cooler than an eskimo pie and tastes even better. I have always been impressed with the Smokers' blends but this one is the tops.**

Medium Mild Full Tolerable

This blend must have been smoked by the Confederates. No wonder they lost the war -- they were spending too much time trying to get the taste of this blend out of their mouths!

I could not make this tobacco work for me at all. I used a variety of styles and sizes of pipes and my puffing cadence was varied as well. I would take a slow, relaxed cadence into battle for some pipe loads, and then speed up the process at other times. Same results, a hot, biting blend with little flavor and even less refinement. I was very patient with Civil War, but this blend tested my patience considerably.

I suppose this will be a home run for some palates, but I can assure you, I'll never try this stuff again -- yuck!

ArmedOctopus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ArmedOctopus (20)

I judge things by their covers. Books, cds, candy, and tobacco. As such, I had low expectations for Civil War. The tin is incredibly underwhelming....which isnt really fair because I've been smoking tobaccos from really handsome tobacco tins recently. Boy, did I misjudge this blend.

This tobacco is fantastic. I was blown away. Frequently, the tin label has little or nothing to say about the tobacco contents, or isnt super accurate in the description. This blend nails it: nutty with a vanilla topping.

The nutty flavor really shines through. Excellent. Very pleasant and enjoyable. And then the vanilla kicks in....wow. This isn't "cheap vanilla ice cream" vanilla. This is more like a vanilla cream that is found on a rich dessert at a nice restaurant. It has a thick and luxurious flavor that is not overwhelming or overbearing. Whoever blended it knew how to make the vanilla simply complement the nutty flavor profile.

Smoke was billowy and thick. I haven't smoked a blend with that thick of smoke in a while. I loved it. For some reason, the smoke is part of what makes tobacco satisfying in my book, and this one fits the bill.

Absolutely no tongue bite either...and I tried. I mean I really tried. I puffed like a train and heated my pipe up pretty good, and my tongue was fine. Impressive for an aromatic.(EDIT: I smoked it again last night and I have to diagree with what I just said. I got tongue bite if I puffed too hard this time. Not sure what the difference was...maybe the pipe.)

This is a great blend. It truly is. It taught me to hold out judgment on a blend until I get to actually try it out. Which I am sure I will do...until my next tin at least.