Skandinavik Mixture is a blend of Black Cavendish, mellow Burley and bright Virginia enhanced by a subtle flavour giving a superb finishing touch.

BrandSkandinavik

2.3
L'Italiano Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
L'Italiano (35)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

This is a perfect aromatic mixture. It is enhanced with flavoring and it is the ideal mixture for all smokers who don't like English mixtures. Especially those smokers impatient of Latakia and Perique. In my personal rating (from 0 to 10) my score is 10 and obviously four stars.

pipe4me Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipe4me (6)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

Maybe the best blend from inexpensive brands.Very nice aroma from the beginning you open the pouch until the end.You can smoke it every day,with your coffee,after dinner even with a drink.The tobacco quality is excellent.It doesn't bite if you smoke it slow.Aroma is a mix of chocolate,rum and coffee.Taste in your mouth is exactly as it smells.For me it's highly recommented.

Pipe Used: briar

Harry Haller Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Harry Haller (3)

I think that the true story behind this taste, is that you need to smoke it as cool as it gets. After you open the pouch the smell of the Black Caventish with vanilla, cocoa and some coffee bites gives you a pleasant feel for what is about to happen when you light it up. It is the tobacco that everyone who want to start with pipesmoking needs to practice etc. It burns well, the aroma stays unfortunatelly in the room and not in the mouth. It is a blend that can be easy a daytime tobacco without any demands for a pipesmoker. It is a light choice for a light smoking in a good price.
Perfectly well for the meaningless puff puff of the day.

Pipe Used: 6

Similar Blends: Borkum Riff Special Mixture 8..

Gigilos Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gigilos (24)

This is most probably the first step to one's experimentation with pipes in Greece. It features in childhood memories of bearded uncles and family friends smoking it and leaving its imposing scent to linger in the living room after they ve left.

It has an intriguing aroma and burns quite well without bite. Serious consideration however, reveals that this is not in any way a blend of any complexity, quality or depth. My own fond memories force me to classify it with 1 star but more stringent examination would hardly give it any. This is a case where one's implicated sensual memory enforces a kind of affection to the blend which wouldnt be here if there was no personal relation to it.

The pack has changed in recent years and I dont know whether the blend has also undergone alterations. My review concerns the version which visually featured "the boat".

Jdor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jdor (13)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

My experience with this blend can be summarized by the term "meh". The topping it's quite interesting, but you could hardly taste it while smoking, and the blend has no complexity, so it's ok but nothing special.

This company makes a lot of mediocre tobaccos, and this is no exception. It's not bad if you like the genre, but it's just not special in any way. If that's enough for you, then give it a go. Like the other company offerings, it can burn hot and bite, so go slow. The taste is as pleasant as it's room note, but your friends will enjoy it more than you will.

Quincey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Quincey (2)
Mild Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This was my first pipe tobacco.

When I opened the pouch I was delighted by the strong smell that reminded me of chocolate and rhum. When I smoked the first bowl though, I found it hot and I experienced an hard tongue bite. If you smoke fast, as almost all beginners do, this is what you get.

Anyway if you let this tobacco dry for a while before packing your pipe and then you smoke slowly, you'll find it very nice and enjoyable with a wonderful smell that will be delightful for almost every people around you.

moreover it comes at a cheap price

LANCER Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LANCER (7)

A Classic danish aromatic. Upon you the pouch you can see and smell the Black fermented cavendish, classic of the danish court. Easy to stove in the pipe at the opening without drying it out and lights easily with only one relight. Wonderful sweet taste and room note but with a lack of vitamin N. If your a cavendish lover, this is the right tobacco for it's taste and price. An all day smoke for my aromatic pipes. 4 stars.

Angelos Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Angelos (8)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable to Strong

A low quality tobacco,in which the black cavendish dominates quite strongly.I am greek and i would just recommend it to somebody who wants to have a "deja smell" (deja vu) of a greek pipe smoking ambiance.Maybe it would be better to be sold in 5gr pouches,not 50gr, so that once in 2 years i could say:"i would smoke 2 bowls to keep in touch"

Watson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Watson (20)
Mild Very Strong Full Very Pleasant

Yes, I agree with Gigilos: this is definitely the one that a pipe smoker starts with in Greece... although it's aroma is the best I 've ever tried, it is not recommended for every day use due to the tongue bites it gives... the best room note ever, it is a true delight to be in the same room with one that smokes it, but it is so moist that burns you... I wish there were an incense to burn in a room with this aroma...

Extremely Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

A very nice Danish aromatic blend with superb aroma and room note, it tastes caramel/toffee/candy, it's not excessively sweet or cased, good tobacco quality and Extremely mild in nicotine, but still requires a slow puffing in order to enjoy it better and longer.

This is a good Danish tobacco, buying a 50G pouch of this every now and then is a good idea for a change of pace, it is a quality blend and it doesn't disappoint, if you see it around give it a try!

viscfab Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
viscfab (81)

When this blend was available in Brazil - about 6 years ago, and the packaging was diffrent -with a sailing boat on it- It was one of my favorite tobaccos. Good price, very decently blended, not too moist, not too dry. Pouch aroma was of toffee / light caramel and nuts, very pleasrable. Burned cool to fine ashes, great smell and nice flavour. I never got an opportunity to taste the new version though...I hope it stills as good as the old one.

Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I used to smoke this one when it came in a black pouch. It was a mild, fruity, yet agreeable Danish, with a superb room note. Nothing spectacular per se, but a nice companion to be around. Even though this is definitely a sweet aromatic tobacco, it is not as musky and "perfumed" as the Aromatic version, and not as dry and monochromatic as the Regular version (that one used to come in a white pouch).

Like all mild tobaccos, one can get frustrated at not getting enough flavor or nicotine hit, thus over puffing, thus ending the day with a burnt tongue. But if smoked slowly, and not expecting too much, this is a nice mixture, polite, with a sour-sweet denouement, that will not offend anyone. If just starting to smoke a pipe, this might be a good introduction to both, aromatics and slightly sweet regular Virginias and/or burleys.

Arrostos Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arrostos (7)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

What a flat tobacco! I have tasted two pouches of this and I hated it from scratches. Skandinavik is one of the mocking companies which want to be convinced as a good Danish tobacco. Maybe the worst mark...Let me consider Clan once again... Oh yes, Scandinavic is the second worse.

suicune Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
suicune (23)

This is a typical Danish pipe tobacco: mild, a little aromatic and a wonderful room smell. When I opened the pouch, the tobacco was quite dry so I could load it in the pipe immediately, without a pre-drying. It tastes almost like pure tobacco and it has a slight walnut taste that makes this very enjoyable. The room smells like roasted walnuts, which is really fantastic. You have to smoke this relaxed and slowly, because if you somke too fast it will give you a hard tongue bite, so be careful. But in the end, it is a good tobacco and, along with Vanilla, it is the best version of Skandinavik.

PipePaladin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipePaladin (78)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I thought that this light aromatic would suit me but I was disappointed.. It has a harsh taste with only a few moments of real enjoyment that come and go.. They should have paid more attention while blending this one.. I hope I bought a bad pouch.. I may be brave and buy another one at some point if I can gather my wits on taking the risk..

pencils Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pencils (22)

Bought this while on holiday in Madrid from El Corte Ingles, along with several others that I had not seen in the UK. It was really reasonably priced, and I thought it would be a nice change from what I would normally smoke.

Although it was blind purchase, I am very glad I invested. I am only sorry that I didn't buy more. At first I thought it was really bland and a bit boring, but I have changed my mind. The more I smoke this, the more I like it - it may have a gentle, understated taste, but it is really pleasant.

Nice fruity pouch aroma that translates into a mild bowl full of Danish delight, burns well to a dry ash, and is appreciated by my wife. A lovely accompaniment to a decent cup of strong coffee with double cream!

Loboatomy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Loboatomy (36)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I happened to find half a pouch of this stuff laying around at my dad's house the other day, he's a big Sail Green guy and had picked this up in lieu of his favorite while travelling or something a while back. I haven't smoked this stuff since I was a teenager (20 years ago!) (who quickly became sickened by Captain Black). I swiped the pouch and fired up a bowl on the car-ride home.

In the pouch, I found the tobacco to be fairly dry, but not crumbly, a decent varigated broken flake with a nice aroma that hinted of apple, cirtus,liquorice and (?) lilac (strange...I know). The stuff burns well too, I stuffed the bowl with very little rub out other that the very top and there was no problem keeping the whole thing lit and burning well for the duration.

Initially, there's a few somewhat harsh perfumy notes when lighting, but these quickly give over to a dry aroma that is almost fruity in nature, but not cloyingly so. I detect definite hints of liquorice and possibly mint throughout the top half of the bowl. As you get deeper, the smoke seems to become a bit "flatter" but still has a nice tobacco flavor without the salty brashness that the Skandinavic regular (brown) has.

All in all, a nice mild smoke, and one which I will definately return to pretty soon now that the warmer weather is coming. A typical aromatic Danish which could possibly be an all day smoke if one was so inclined. Since the package that I sampled is probably 9months to a year old, I think I'll go out and get myself a fresh pouch to see how it stands up.

Philo Beddoe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Philo Beddoe (140)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

Open the pouch and you are hit with dried apircots. Quite different than most aromatics. It tasted however nothing like apircots, more like orange liqueur. I also got the taste of cheap red virgnia leaf, although I am not sure it contained any, it appeared to be light cavendish. Definitely a change of pace. Not for me though.

Pipey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipey (17)
Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

This is an interesting tobacco in my eyes, because its so incredibly light!

Not a bad taste, not wet, but way too light. A great blending tobacco for sweeter aromatics.

BostonPipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BostonPipe (83)

I found myself out the other day and I had forgotten my tobacco pouch. I hit a local convienence store and picked-up a package. I remember trying it in the early eighties and my current appraisel is the same. Eh, not good news, not bad news, just the news. It was ok at the time. Nothing great, nothing that would intice me to pick it up again. I'll keep it in my glove compartment so next time I forget my pouch I'll have something available. OK.

Extremely Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Very Pleasant

I think I'm gonna try the natural version because the aromatic version didn't do a thing for me. I really would have preferred the natural, but there wasn't any in stock.

The blend does not contain much casing, which was a blessing, but it is such a light tasting blend that I don't enjoy it. In fact, I kept checking my pipe to make sure it was lit.

This really is quality leaf, just too Danish for this American's taste buds.