A medium English classic with red and black Virginias, Turkish and Latakia.

BrandWessex
Blended ByKohlhase, Kopp und Co. KG
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Latakia
Strength
Taste
2.6

The Turkish leads the way here by just a nose. The Virginias have a strong presence and equal the Latakia in strength of flavor. Smokes like a somewhat sweet Balkan to me. Very pleasant and enjoyable. A solid blend. Medium in body and flavor. Moisture is just right. Burns great. Usually just a one match smoke. A very firm 3 stars.

Pipe Used: MM General, MM Country Gentleman

Tee-dub Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tee-dub (48)

Well, the best I can say about this is it's not bad. I guess there's a nice taste of Latakia, but the Virginias seem kind of flat.

Yet the worst I can say about it is that it isn't great. This is a bit rough around the edges. It's fairly straightforward. It's unlikely to get any reaction, good or bad, from anyone who smokes it.

The tobacco burns fast, and burns hot. It isn't very good. And it doesn't suck.

calboy8686 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
calboy8686 (11)

If this is a true traditional English Blend I have mixed feelings about it. The first bowl I smoked yesterday impressed me. When I smoked a bowl today I was not as impressed. It smokes very clean, very nice white fluffy ash, for those of you that like your smoke to be consistent...... this is going to be the one for you. For me this would be a mood smoke. I wouldn't take it out of rotation, just may skip it and come back to it most of the time. Very nice flavor of dark chocolate, a little honey, and add a drop of vinegar to cut the sweetness a little and give it a kick, yet smooth and consistent like a dog with it's master.

Taste Buds Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taste Buds (138)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Tolerable to Strong

I did not enjoy this blend. I received it in error when ordering Wessex English, one of the new American made blends from Wessex that is packed in a pouch. There was far too much Latakia in this blend for my taste, causing the Turkish to be completely drowned out. This mixture reminded me of 965,which is another overpowering blend, in my opinion.

Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A superb Medium English that has to be put on your list to try. The tin aroma smells fermented,and mellow. The naturally sweet red virginias, and black virginias really marry with the Latakia and the turkisk presides over the two ever so nicely. It has a more natural tobacco sweetness playing along with the smokey Latakia that really makes this a charmer. Puff it like a cigarette and you'll burn your tounge. Relax and enjoy the tobacco and you'll be adding it to your favorites. It burns clean,and has a white fluffy ash. (English Pipe tobaccos go good with Scotch) This one really does.Enjoy.