Hand-blended gold brown and medium brown leaves of best Virginia origin and a considerable pinch of soft latakia. The softest latakia of this range.

Blend TypeVirginia/Latakia
ContentsLatakia, Virginia
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Mild None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant

This one is long gone but a McConnell's made blend for James Upshall. It was one of those very light English style tobaccos with a lot of that heavenly McConnell's Virginia and a little Cyprian Latakia tossed in. The flavor was full and the strength was light. I smoked this one a lot every day until the tobacco was gone.

Carrot Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Carrot (13)

I like English tobacco and I liked this too. I would have given English Classic four stars if it had not bit my tongue so bad. I smoked allot of this upon opening the tin and it bit me, it even bit the roof of my mouth. After this stuff had been opened a few days it was fine and I got no tongue bite. Would I buy this again? Why, yes I would. The tongue bite I put down to my inexperience. Next time I'll let it stand before I smoke it. If you like English style tobacco it's worth checking out. It is made in England and I like to support UK businesses. I'm not English, I'm Welsh. I'll buy this again.

ChappistMonk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ChappistMonk (7)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Tolerable

Good standard English blend. Virginia strength with a decent dose of soft but agreeably spicy Latakia which gives a pleasant prickly sensation.

There are better tobaccos out there but this is perfectly serviceable.