A mixture of Virginia and Burley.

BrandSvendborg
Strength
Taste
2.5
FlatCapMatt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FlatCapMatt (24)

My tin has "Made in Germany" stickered on it. Opening the tin, it smells a bit like a rum fruit cake. The scent is pleasant, but nothing really distinctive. The tobacco was ribbony, fairly dry and packed in tight.

It lit up with a single match and the initial taste and aroma was pleasing.

My wife isn't at home to ask her opinion of the room note, but if I sit back and try to smell it, it seems to be nice. Like a flavoured smoke, rather than just smoke.

I puff pretty often, so my bowl is getting hot.

I feel relaxed sitting in my chair smoking this and thinking about what to say in my review. There's a little harshness in the back of my throat though.

Halfway through the bowl, and the pleasant taste and aroma are still there. I have not had to relight yet.

Ok bowl is finished. Near the end I got a little tiny bit of unpleasant taste, which seems to be common for aromatics.

Overall it was a good smoke. I'm happy to have purchased this. Got a very slight vitamin N buzz. Wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't ever say no to this blend.

Pipe Used: Stanwell Bjarne Nielsen,

Age When Smoked: Fresh, as far as I can tell.

Purchased From: smokingfpipes.com

My tin had Made in Denmark overstickered by Made in Germany indicating its current origin. The mostly redish ribbon cuts were intermixed with some lighter golden VAs and a few almost black pieces. I got improved smokes by reducing the intital moisture content but in doing so, a much faster burn rate resulted than my normal VA flakes. However, overall, we still maintained a cool smoke without bite. The tin and room aromas are slightly fruity but not sickening sweet. Some nuttiness from the Burley or casing was evident but as with most aromatics that I try, little true, tobacco taste came thru. This blend was also much weaker than my preferred choices and I remained unsatisfied even after long smokes in large bowled pipes. Back to my hi test Flakes again.