Smoker’s Pride Cherry Cavendish is a mild blend of quality leaf with a very pleasant cherry essence added for outstanding aroma.

BrandSmoker's Pride
PipesAndCigars.com
Strength
Taste
2.1

A no-nonsense cherry blend that needs to be slightly dried first and smoked slowly afterwards, or you may experience a light harsh note. You don't really get get much tobacco taste except for a very mild toasty nuttiness and earth from the burley. Has very little nicotine, and won't bite. The flavor is consistent all the way through, and it burns clean at a reasonable pace. Has a pleasant after taste and is an all day smoke, though it does lack a little depth in the cherry topping.

Greg M. Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Greg M. (1)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Oct 25, 2017 This was the first pipe tobacco I tried. That was 24 years ago when some college mates and I decided to go to a local Walgreens (in the town where the college I was attending at the time) and get some pipes and tobacco. Since then I have tried many different kinds of pipe tobacco. I always keep coming back to this one.

If you dedicate a pipe, (or many, in my case) this tobacco will reward you with a sweetness and depth of cherry flavor that, in my opinion, is very satisfying, particularly if you are a cherry tobacco guy like myself who likes aromatics. I know that in the vast world of pipe tobaccos, both aromatic and otherwise, this is known as a rather "economically priced" one that does not garner as much praise as more expensively priced tobaccos. However in my humble opinion, it holds its own against any other cherry tobaccos.

The secret, at least for me, was to smoke nothing but this for quite awhile, and let your pipe get acclimated to the tobacco. I know this may be difficult for some pipe smokers who like to try many different kinds in a single pipe, but if you dedicate at least one pipe to this tobacco (and let your palate reset itself, so to speak) it will really open itself up to you. This taste is so much better than when I first tried it so many years ago using this approach.

Pipe Used: Unamed Basket Pipe

Age When Smoked: Fresh, Just Purchased.

Purchased From: Cigars International

Similar Blends: Super Value Cherry Cavendish, Blender's Gold Cherry Cavendish, Pipemate Cherry (Discontinued).

Bulldog8483 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bulldog8483 (12)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

For some reason I absolutely LOVE the smell of this tobacco and the taste is not bad at all to me either. It is kind of my go to tobacco because it is readily accessible and reasonably priced. Every time I smoke it, I get compliments on the smell of it. It can be prone to tongue bite if smoked quickly or incorrectly, but it is nothing that slowing down and enjoying the smoke can't fix. When someone asks me to recommend them a solid tobacco, I usually point them in the direction of this. It's not a sexy "wow like" tobacco choice, but I can almost guarantee that you will not regret picking up a bag of this stuff!

UPDATE: After months of trying this tobacco in a variety of pipes and smoking it in a variety of different ways I have noticed that it is still a solid tobacco, but more of a 3 star, rather than a 4 star. I definitely prefer the smokers pride black Cavendish a lot more. It smells better and tastes better, so I would encourage anyone wanting to try any of smokers pride blends to try the black Cavendish first, however for the price, pleasant aroma and mild taste both of these flavors are a solid choice. Happy smoking!

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cob and $25 Briar

Age When Smoked: fresh from bag and also several weeks/months old

Purchased From: The Smoke Shop, Minnesota, USA

CornCob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CornCob (94)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Similar to other reviews(and reviewers), I was worried about taking the plunge to cheap bagged bulk blends, but since the price of tobacco has skyrocket in my area I was left with little choice. As soon as i saw that this particular brand is produced by Lane Ltd I was very optimistic. I can say with confidence and an un-biased palate that every Lane blend ive tried has either been enjoyable or I could see how it would be enjoyed by certain smokers with specific tastes.Upon opening the bag the pouch aroma was equisite and divine, similar to cherry tarts, it reminded me of various Danish Christmas or holiday tobaccos ive tried over the years(in aroma)I could not detect any pronounced artificial casings or flavours, but im sure they are there. The cut was ideal for packing pipes; loose rough cut, but uniform similar to Granger or possibly the Capt. From what I could gather this blend consists of bright virginias, mild burlys and broad cut cherry cavendish. It packed well and took the match with capital success. The aroma of warm homemade cherry jam or pie filling was delightful, and was finished with a creamy buttery smooth note that i havent been able to identify yet(possibly pecans or almonds)I puffed hard to coax a bite with little success, it burned cool with lots of unmasked tobacco flavour, which I cant say for most cherry blends regardless of the price tag. It burned down to the finest white ash ive had to date, and left no dottle or slugs in the bowl.I have never been so pleasantly surprised or so impressed with a blend whether cheap or expensive. I was overwhelmed with the quality and overall enjoyment i got out of this blend, it was truly memorable.This blend will now become a regular in my pouch and at this price I will never feel guilty, a true pleasure in pipe smoking. This is one of these taboo blends everyone should try once, regardless of taste, preference or pride. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Choctaw Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Choctaw (7)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I'm fairly new to pipe smoking, so take my review with a grain of salt.

I live a rural area and there is but one retailer of pipe tobacco in the area. He sells the standard stuff - Prince Albert, Captain Black, Bugler, Sail and the like, He recently brought in several varieties of Smoker's Pride, and I went for this one.

This is an inexpensive, "budget"product. Notwithstanding this, I find it to be a better smoke than many "drugstore" blends. It can and likely will bite 'ya sooner or later. Sometimes, inexplicably, it smokes hotter than hell - other times not? It takes some work to keep it lit for some reason. It tends to go out at about 10 minutes. This forces a re-light to get 30 minutes or so. Disappointing, really. This blend smokes wet and does deposit a little wad of goopy dottle - I suppose this is expected in bargain products, especially cherry aromatics.

Aromatics, it seems to me are either first-class, or awful with little in between. I think this is particularly true in the case of "cherry" blends. CC does not measure up in the quality of leaf department. Still, it has its place.

Thank goodness there are good bacconists in Fayetteville, AR and Tulsa, OK I can visit occasionally. Then too, there is good 'ole "SmokingPipes.com" so I don't have to smoke this all the time. I recommend this product with the qualification that if you live in an urban area where tobacco is readily available, buy some and forget about this stuff. I give it two stars.

Pipe Used: Several old GBD pipes

Age When Smoked: New-Fresh

Purchased From: Tahlequah, OK

Similar Blends: Not really comparable to better cherry blends - that is to say, the good ones available from good retailers..

Dr.sadik Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr.sadik (100)
Medium to Strong Medium Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

well i love aromatics and i prefer my tobacco to be cheap..so i gave this one a try. it has a borad rough cut to it, takes the fire very well and if smoked slowly can spare your tounge to smoke another day. the flavors are nice not as overwhelming cherry as captain black but still enjoyable and the price is just about right. my only draw back is that my surroundings didnt find the smell to be acceptable and that is the reason why i will not be buying it any more.

Arkie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkie (129)
Medium Strong Mild to Medium Tolerable

The only positive thing that can be said of this stuff is that it tastes better than Paladin and it is cheaper.

Taylor3006 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taylor3006 (47)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

Not much to say about this blend, ordered it with hopes of a decent cherry blend to mix with. I tried some straight and am very disappointed. It smells of cherry (lightly) and tastes a bit like cherry but otherwise a harsh smoke. Has a definite "chemically" taste to it that reminds me of ether. Paladin has a much stronger cherry taste IMHO. On the upside it burns well, stays lit, and leaves no goop in the bowl. There is only a slight tongue bite to it, have had much worse. I can not recommend this to anyone.

Philo Beddoe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Philo Beddoe (180)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Really bad, harsh, foul stuff!

If you want a cheap cherry blend, either go to the local tobacconist and try the house cherry, or just save up and buy MacBarens Cherry Ambrosia, it is light years better than this.