Perique, burley and Virginias make this a rich blend with a hint of spice. Mild to medium in strength.

BrandSillem's
Blended BySillem's
ContentsBurley, Perique, Virginia
Strength
Taste

3.2

I have to say I'm a bit confused here. The above list of ingredients matches those listed at PipesandCigars.com, but the following is the description from smokingpipes.com.

"Virginia, Burley, and Black Cavendish topped with the flavor of Amaretto and toasted nuts."

I taste no Perique in this blend, but my palette has been known to lie to me on occasion. I don't know who's right, but I do know that this is an excellent smoke. I can easily detect the quality Virginias and Burley. The topping tastes a bit like coconut to me. A very sweet coconut. Now I'm really confused. Ameretto should have a flavor akin to almonds. In spite of my massive confusion, I like this blend. The sweetness may wear on me over time, but it hasn't yet. 3+ stars.

Pipe Used: MM General, MM Country Gentleman

TheWoodwose Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TheWoodwose (17)
Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

This has to have the absolute best tin note of any tobacco I have smoked. When I open the tin (now empty) the smell is amazing and makes my want to light up a bowl. It is much more mild than the smell (like pretty much all aromatics) and it has a little spice (the perique maybe? didn't even know it had any until I read the description on here) and will bite if I am not careful but it is very smellicious.

It is also fairly expensive so that drops this stuff down a half star for me (just imagine 3 1/2 stars).

I intend to order another tin though, I will just jar it and preserve for the right occasions.

TorontoSmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TorontoSmoker (7)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

The cover of the tin declares, "A taste you'll never forget!" and brothers, I gotta say, it ain't far from the truth!

This is the best aromatic blend I have smoked! Seeing how few reviews there were of this blend, I felt obliged to make this my first tobacco review, to inform my fellow pipe smokers they are missing out if they haven't tried Sillem's Copenhagen blend.

Even though I am fairly new to pipe smoking (just under a year), I have tried A LOT of different pipes and tobacco blends over the past year trying to figure-out what works for me. Like most typical beginners, I started out with cheap pouch/bulk aromatics (cherry flavored in my case) before realizing I was not fully enjoying my smoking experience because of the low-quality tobacco, heavily dosed in PG. After a little self education, I then moved to slightly better tinned (Peterson) aromatics, and tried a wide variety of tobaccos, trying to find my preferences: VaPers, straight aged Virginias, VaBurs, aged Burly, Latakia and Oriental blends, before finally finding my preference in the English/Balkan blends (it's been a fun journey!)

Having found my preferences in latakia English/balkan blends (Nightcap, Ashton Artisan's Blend, MacBaren Vintage Syrian) I then ventured back into trying a few high-quality aromatics. I turned to the highly-touted (but slightly overrated) Sillem's Black, which then led me to Sillem's London and Copenhagen blends - Jackpot!

This may be the best aromatic available on the market. I don't know what exactly the subtle flavoring is (kinda light caramelly, nutty, amaretto, cocoa-vanilla flavour, but not exactly) but everyone I've smoked it around loves it, as do I. It is not very strong or too sweet, indeed it's charm is in it's subtlety. The high quality tobacco that underlies the blend is not at all lost in the flavoring. It reminds me a little of MM-965 (latest iteration), if it were turned into a mild aromatic.

Although I would characterize my tastes as mainly for English blends, this is a great once-in-a-while, change-of-pace, out in public smoke. I hope you will try it and tell me whether or not it is a taste you too will not soon forget!

Pipe Used: large briars and a meerschaum

Purchased From: smokingpipes

Similar Blends: It reminds me a little of Dunhill's MM 965 (latest version), if it were turned into a mild aromatic..

jacques1960 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jacques1960 (27)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

Lovely aroma in the tin, and favorable comment from the wife. Burn was steady, even, and thorough.

Did give me a bit of a headache - perhaps a visit from St. Nic too early in the morning?

The foregoing notwithstanding, greatly enjoyed it (though perhaps later in the day next go round...) and plan on including in my normal rotation.

3000DK Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
3000DK (2)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium Very Strong

Reviews here made me curious - but what a disappointment! Quality leaves have been used. No doubt about that. Why then would you spoil it with a heavy caramelish flavouring? The room note almost made me puke and after only 2-3 fills, the pibe that I selected for trying this tobacco is almost ruined forever because of the awful smell/taste, which will probably remain in it for quite a long time, I fear. Previous reviewers judging this as only slightly aromatic and not flavourized - or hardly flavourized - must have been reviewing something else. That was my initial thought. BUT - luckily - there is still something for every taste out there on the tobacco market. This one however, I will gladly disregard in future. Brrrrr....

Mild to Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

What do you call a blend that smells like a full on aromatic in the tin, has very pleasant room note like an aromatic, but only tastes slightly sweet with tobacco flavor? It would be called Copenhagen. When I opened the tin the strong tin scent of figs, raisins and other fruit was almost overwhelming. This would not be the same fig/raisin scent that comes from an aged VaPer, but rather a manually added one. However, it dries quickly and burns cleanly with a nice, soft sweet taste that doesn't overpower the tobacco. Is it an aromatic? In a pure sense yes, but it's unlike most aromatics on the market today. If you happen to be looking for a very light aromatic made at the usual high standard that is Sillims, than this is for you. Recommended.

MartianH Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MartianH (1)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Wow. Wow. This is one amazing tobacco. I didn't think I could smoke a tin as fast as this one disappeared. The sweetness of this tobacco is pure tobacco. You might think from the initial smell in the tin that it's flavored in some way, but it's not. And the smoke itself is this wonderful bouquet of green wheat, brown sugar and something else that I can't put my finger on. I have smoked more of this tobacco over the past 5 months than any other. I just ran out and will order more, even though I have 6 other tins open at the moment. The flavor of the smoke changes minimally, if at all, for the first ¼ - ½ of the pipe. But about halfway through the flavor starts to change. It becomes spicier and richer. Towards the end of the bowl the flavor takes on a wonderful full-bodied spice that compliments the sweetness perfectly. I found myself packing this tobacco into my pipe as much as I could so that I could enjoy the experience for as long as possible. I constantly turn my face so the wind can direct the smoke into my face and I get a whiff of the stuff. This tobacco is my top choice and I can't wait to get some more. I have made myself a pipe that will have nothing but Copenhagen in it from the get-go. This tobacco must be tried at least 3 or 4 times to fully appreciate it's complexity and simplicity. It may seem like a mild tobacco, which it is, but the flavors and body of the smoke are anything but mild. Maybe I'm being melodramatic, but man I just can't get enough into my pipe…I think I'll make myself a bigger pipe!!

Keac241 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Keac241 (8)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

The taste reminds of Davidoff's Danish mixture, with more nutty taste. The room note however is fantastic and the tobacco quality is top notch. Personally I find it the taste too mild and unexciting. 3 out of 5 stars.

PipeLover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipeLover (16)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I am new to pipe smoking, very new. Being a non-smoker before I had the urge to try pipes, because I liked the smell. Everyone recommended aromatics for new smokers, but I did not like aromatics for some reason and went straight to english and virginias, and hated most of it, other than some virginias.

I tried Sillems Black and liked it. I must say that I was VERY surprised when I smoked this tobacco. There was only one review, and it was good... and WOW this stuff is GREAT! I tried and tried and tried every top rated tobacco I could get my hands on. But boy this stuff is really great. Its an aromatic but its not... Its English, but its not. Its a perfect balance of everything. It has a great after taste, and I don't have to run and brush my teeth to get the crappy taste out. It has a mildly sweet smell of baked goods, a fruity taste can be detected when sipped. Has a nice tobacco flavor that doesn't kill the palette.

Its an excellent smoke from start to finish. Im not a latakia fan, and this blend doesn't have any, or I can't detect it. A little hard to light but I dried it out for 10 minutes and it lit and stayed lit great.

For those of you that are having a hard time finding a tobacco to like, give this one a try. The room note is very pleasant and my wife likes it, which is all that matters really.

I got one tin and will be getting MORE...

Medium Very Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Sillem's sure is coming out with quality blends (to match their fine lighters), and Copenhagen Blend is a wonderful combination of tobaccos that really hits the spot with this cowboy!

This is a somewhat sweet blend with some strength and spicey undertones. The Virginia leaf is top-shelf all the way and the Burley helps this blend pack some punch.

Upon popping the tin the aroma rises up quickly. It is somewhat sweet with an interwoven tobacco smell. The contents are at the perfect moisture level and easy to pack. At the match (or, in this case, Old Boy lighter - sorry Sillem's), the blend lights easily and evenly. The Virginia and added subtle sweetness makes its presence known immediately. Near mid-bowl the strength of the Burley and spice of the Perique makes its introduction. The final third of the bowl makes for a smashing presentation of strength, spice and sweetness. Once the last shred is consumed, the lingering flavor on the palate and smell on the moustache is sensational.

Where's my pipe? I am going to smoke another bowl right now!