Rich, dark Black Cavendish. Extra mild in taste.

BrandSavinelli
Blended ByKohlhase & Kopp
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley
FlavoringAmaretto, Cocco, Cocoa / Chocolate, Coffee, Fruit / Citrus, Honey, Nougat, Pecan, Vanilla
Packaging50g Pouch, 50g Tin
Strength
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full

3.4
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This has a few things going for it. Notes of honey and caramel play nicely with the vanilla, dried fruit and dark chocolate taste. You only get an occasional taste of tobacco from the Virginias, burleys and cavendish, but the flavorings are why you buy this. May require some dry time first, but it burns decently enough and leaves a nice after taste.

PhillyB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PhillyB (42)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I received this tobacco as part of an exchange. I REALLY dislike aromatic tobaccos in general, but this is the exception. The nose is mostly sugar and fruit, but the taste is more refined consisting of walnut, dark chocolate, and apricot. While the other aromatics I have had are objectionable because of their heavy casings this one just works. Does tend to be a little moist and as result it sometimes smokes hot. I rectify this by using a meerschaum and that seems to work.

Age When Smoked: 1.5 years

dottledude Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dottledude (3)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

First, the black cavendish comes through well in this blend, making it thoroughly tasty without even considering the casing. The casing is wonderful- almost a chocolate covered fruit note. The "nose" from the tin is great and delivers the same taste when smoked. Very agreeable, highly recommend if you like cased tobacco- quite light on vitamin "N" but unless you're looking for a punchy tobacco its fine. As noted, it can leave a bit "gummy" residue but not to the extent as suggested below that (at least to my taste) that you'd need a dedicated pipe- I reserve that for "English's" only.

pipealicious Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipealicious (21)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I decided to explore the stoved Cavendish part of the tobacco spectrum and picked up this Savinelli tin in a whim (if they make a tobacco as wonderful as their pipes ...). I absolutely love this blend. The tin aroma is delicious, licorice, espresso coffee, chocolate, caramel, but all very subtle and 'natural'. The tobacco packs easily, lights without any problem and tastes wonderful: sweet, yet slightly spicy. The room note is very nice, but lingers a long time. In short a top notch blend which I'll always try to keep at hand if I want to give myself a treat. 4 stars without any doubt.

Churchwarden Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Churchwarden (4)
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

As every day tobaccos, I always smoke aromatics. You could say I´m kind of a sweet- tooth and usually like very strong flavoring, but this is a bit too much. The package looks elegant with its magnificent Savinelli sandblast and the dark tobacco in the tin looks and smells fantastic, but... This tastes exactly like the worst aromatics with too much fruit, or whiskey or whatever they put in them and the tongue bite is instant. Drying up the tobacco helps, but the nasty sting doesn´t disappear entirely. Black Cavendish wasn´t altogether unpleasant experience, but because there´s so much better aromatics (also by Savinelli), I´ll give it only one star.

fireball Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fireball (36)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

This was one of the first aromatics I tried, and was immediately delighted by the tin note: strong vanilla, not too sweet. The good impression went on visually, it's a very black 'black cavendish' mix, well rubbed and quite moist. Smoking it for the first few times was also pleasurable, quite a strong aromatic flavour, I suffered no bite, despite poor technique and over enthusiastically looking for something that wasn't there. No 'N' to speak of, pretty straightforward flavour. I replaced the first tin which I smoked almost exclusively for a week with another, and then got a bit bored. In a moment of genius though I decided to throw this second tin in with double the amount of Macbaren Virginia No. 1 and make my first home blend. A triumph! The Black Cavendish mellows out the bitey No. 1 and gives it an extra aro dimension, while turning down the honey. The No. 1 gives the Black Cavendish some meat on the bones and fills out the emptiness. I would buy Savinelli's Black Cavendish again someday, but will always now look to dilute it out.

Puffingstuff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Puffingstuff (81)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Very Pleasant

I was given a tin of this fine leaf about 10 years ago. I didn't open it right away. I thought to myself, another pipe company trying to make a blend. I finaly opened it a week later, and was seduced by the tin aroma! Figgy,Vanilla, an a faint dark chocolate. I let the tin dry out for about a day and filled a bowl into a nice pot style Savinelli. The cavedish tobacco comes thru with the sweet taste of the aroma playing right through the middle. This tobacco has been in my rotation ever since, and will remain there.

mr.335 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mr.335 (20)

im not crazy about aromatic tobaccos but this one is really nice cause the aroma is not very strong to put you off when you are smoking and inspite of many aromatics its got some nicotin kick in it.

jshrader13 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jshrader13 (16)

I got this as a freebie when I ordered two Savinelli pipes. From the start, it has an incredibly wonderful tin aroma. I just love leaving the tin open while I smoke just so I can smell more of it. It's a smooth creamy smell, reminiscent of vanilla and chocolate, like the tin advertises. It came to me very much on the wet side, and required considerable drying time before I found it really pleasant to smoke. I made the mistake of smoking the first bowl before I'd let it dry adequately, and my pipe was gurgling within the first five minutes. After letting it dry for a few hours (I used the trick where you set it on a paper towel on the vents at the back of a tv) it had dried nicely. It packed well, not too tight or too loose, and from my second bowl onward, I find it smokes very well, and has a very nice room note. I really like this blend, even though it did come to me rather wet. I'll definitely be buying more of this!

scottbtdmb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
scottbtdmb (4)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Purchased a tin of this from Fader's in Towson, MD on a whim. I have been looking for a decent chocolate aromatic and hit a homerun with Mister G's Black Cavendish. The blend is a very interesting one for an aromatic, utilizing the seldom talked about Maryland tobacco, along with some Orientals. Of course the usual suspects (mature gold colored VA's and Burleys) are in there, and the blend is topped off with a nice casing of honey and caramel. The matured golden VA's provide the nice rich, sweet chocolatey taste that dominates over the honey/caramel casing. Mid-way through the bowl, the taste becomes quite complex, with the Orientals adding a nice rich spiciness to the blend. Finally, the room note is quite pleasant, with the rich, dark chocolate once again taking precedence over the honey/caramel. One disclaimer that I would like to add is that this stuff leaves a hell of a ghost in the pipe! I smoked this stuff in a GBD International and found that subsequent pipes smoked with other aromatics tended to be masked by the Mister G. I finally decided to solve this problem by dedicating my GBD Int'l to Mister G Black Cavendish. If you don't want to take that route, I would recommend smoking this stuff out of a meerschaum. Overall, a very nice, complex aromatic, with a pleasant richness and subtle spicy offset from the orientals. Highly recommended!

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This blend comes in the form of dark cavendish tobacco intermingled with light cavendish slices. The taste is predominantly sweet, delicious chocolate. The Virginia and Burley tobaccos play well off each other to provide a tasty, bite free smoking experience. It burns very slowly and burns cool and clean.

I was very surprised by this blend as I was expecting a Mac Baronish type bite and expectations in general were pretty low.

I will not hesitate to purchase more of it. I highly recommend it to those who are searching for a decent chocolate flavored blend.