Fine English blend smoking mixture. Dark Cavendish with Burley and Virginia.

BrandStanwell
Blended ByLane Limited
ContentsBurley, Virginia, Black Cavendish
Strength
Strong
Medium to Strong, Very Strong, Extra Strong
Taste
Medium to Full, Full, Overwhelming
Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Overwhelming
1.7
Antihero Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Antihero (3)
Medium to Strong Very Strong Full Pleasant

The aroma out of the tin is pleasant and strong. That is: pleasant if you like fruity fruity fruity and no tobacco whatsoever. It comes very moist so I let it dry out for some time. As it is so often the way with aromatics (and Stanwell imo) this one doesn't keep it's promise and tastes very little like the tin aroma. In fact I hardly tasted anything else but harshness so there is no point in listing the fruits I smelled out of the tin. Plus: it burns the tongue like a cutting torch, too. Highly not recommended!

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This is a broken flake smoke with dark brown color, but also some shiny leaves here and there.

I borrowed this box of tobacco from my friend Vassilis. A very nice fruity aroma comes out once you open the box. Berries and probably a little cherry give this tobacco an attractive diversity. The scent does not help you taste the quality of the smoke (this is a minus). It feels the bowl with ease, it burns dry, it bites the tongue a little, it gives off a very nice aroma, it contains a strong dose of nicotine and of course the box is extremely convenient.

Yes, I will buy it again, because it was particularly pleasing, without sweeping me of my feet.

Paddy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Paddy (125)
Strong Extra Strong Overwhelming Overwhelming

I purchased a tin of this tobacco as an added treat from Dan Pipe when I placed a pipe order. I thought I would try a new tobacco, a serious mistake. In describing this tobacco the operative words are berries and heat. Upon opening the tin, the fruity aroma of chemically enhanced berries hits you in the face. Immediately, I reconsidered whether I truly wanted to put this mixture in a pipe. It had a very attractive mottled appearance. I thought perhaps I will discover the first fruity blend that I am able to enjoy. I packed it in an old bent Peterson that I was planning to clean within the week and fired up. The flavor of berries was just as strong as the tin aroma now combined with an acridity in the mouth and nose that was similar to the experience of standing over a pile of smoldering leaves. I hesitated, but then decided to forge ahead. I did, for about half the bowl, and finally gave up. This tobacco is vile in every sense except its appearance. I think the lesson learned is that no amount of flavoring can adequately disguise truly inferior tobacco. I threw the tin away, and gave my Peterson a good salt and alcohol cleaning the next day. But it took some time before the cloying stink of the tobacco finally left the pipe. For those who like fruity, aromatic concoctions, you might want to try this. But remember, you have been warned. Paddy.