A mixture of ripe brown and black cavendish tobaccos, ready rubbed, enriched with bright Virginias. This blend has a rum-vanilla topping.

BrandReiner
Blended ByR.L. Will
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringRum, Vanilla
Strength
Taste

Very Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Aromatic fans who enjoy Vanilla and Rum (I had trouble tasting the Rum) will appreciate this blend. It is very light and frankly, not real tobacco tasting to me. Still, the aromatic crowd should love this quality offering because it is sweet, does not bite and stays lit easily.

Extremely Mild Strong Mild to Medium Strong

Reiner - Yellow Star Blend.

The aroma from this is very full of vanilla, the rum is a lot harder to get. As the mixture is of a good hydration it can be smoked straight from the tin. Mine lights with ease and then I find the flavour exactly what the aroma had lead me to expect.

Again, I find the vanilla is much easier to identify than the rum, there is only really a subtle sharpness from the rum addition. As the topping is fairly heavy it masks the idiosyncratic features of the tobaccos. It burns good, once lit it doesn't need too much attention. I must admit that I find the nicotine barely recognizable, nicotine folks will be gutted! I don't get tongue bite but on the negative side I do find the smoke to be quite warm, if really drawn with force it becomes uncomfortable. To finish on a good note I enjoy the room note, albeit it's moderately full! I'm sure many people will love this but it doesn't concur with my tastes....

Two stars.

Pipe Used: Dagner Brown Poker

Purchased From: GQ Tbaccos

Otis56 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Otis56 (31)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I agree with most of the above reviews. Except there was no tongue bite for myself. The taste and smell of this blend is outstanding. Don't know why it took me so long to Try this blend. I do not think this is still in production. I have not seen any for sale for a very long time. Peace.

Pipe Used: Bringham / billiard from 70's

Purchased From: Walper tobacco Ontario Canada

Arkie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkie (129)

This stuff smells good enough to eat out of the tin. It is extremely mild and well behaved. Obviously quality leaf was used in the blend. The casing and/or topping doesn't taste artificial or chemical. If it weren't for the tin aroma I wouldn't consider this blend an aromatic because the rum and vanilla flavor is so subtle as to almost be non-existant. I would think non-aro smokers would enjoy it. I was torn about whether to rate it at 2 or 3 stars. It is good but there are several blends available that are slightly better and I'm not sure it will have a place in my permanent rotation.

Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Highly recommended for the dedicated Aromatic enthusiast. Otherwise a too highly flavored tobacco to make this a regular for me.