A mixture of ripe Brown and Black cavendish tobaccos, ready rubbed, enriched with bright Virginias. This blend has a Rum-Vanilla topping.

BrandReiner
Very Pleasant, Pleasant

3.1
ABSSiegel Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ABSSiegel (21)

I bought a tin of this brand based upon the reviews I read here. Although I have smoked aromatic tobaccos MANY times, this is not one of the best...it was just OK. Actually, I'm surprised that I didn't enjoy it more. I enjoy Black Cavendish, VAs, Rum, and Vanilla. I did smoke two bowlfulls in two seperate pipes during this past week. And all I could say was "is that all there is?". Ho-hum. P.S. I can't believe some of the prices quoted here. Where are these smokers located, Outer Mongolia? I paid ten dollars and change for a 50g tin!

Maimonides Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Maimonides (70)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I seldom like aromatics. This is pricey, and just plain wanted one for the holidays. It is absolutely an aromatic with little tobacco naturally presenting itself. I still recommend it as It has no strange 'wangs'. Often I find aromatics do not taste like they smell, or taste like what they are. This is no doubt vanilla rum. For people wanting an aromatic, and some tobacco flavor, try Reiner green label (rum/raisin). Reiner is also nice for not frying your mouth, unlike most! to expensive.

Trippwire Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Trippwire (58)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

Smells so amazing I want to eat it, smoke smells good tastes nice.

This tobacco made up my mind, cavendish is not for me. Far too weak in nicotine, otherwise pleasant. Quality leaf, doesn't smoke wet, tastes pretty good, a little sweet. Would probably go well sprinkled on your breakfast cereal.

Not for me.

Arkie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkie (106)

This stuff smells good enough to eat out of the tin. It is extremely mild and well behaved. Obviously quality leaf was used in the blend. The casing and/or topping doesn't taste artificial or chemical. If it weren't for the tin aroma I wouldn't consider this blend an aromatic because the rum and vanilla flavor is so subtle as to almost be non-existant. I would think non-aro smokers would enjoy it. I was torn about whether to rate it at 2 or 3 stars. It is good but there are several blends available that are slightly better and I'm not sure it will have a place in my permanent rotation.

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I asked a friend to bring me this tobacco just to enrich my collection. An amazing aromatic. For those who require a discreet aroma in their tobacco, they will be delighted. Those who like rum and vanilla, will be thrilled. Brown and black Cavendish plus the essential Virginia. Perfect humidity, once you open the tin. It maintains its aroma until the 4/5 of the bowl. It scarcely soils the filter (it should mean something). Soft force, pleasant at any hour of the day. And of course it provides an astonishing room scent.

31z40 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
31z40 (5)

A bright Virginia blended with ribbon brown and black Cavendish with the hint of a cased Rum and Vanilla aroma.

The gentle taste of the tobacco and the mild aroma of the Rum and Vanilla makes for an excellent smoke.

There is no tongue bite and the taste is mild. This is a great tobacco for the pipe smoker with an aromatic tobacco taste.

Thunderchunkie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Thunderchunkie (4)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

I do love my aromatics, but I cant figure out what this one is supposed to be? Fiery, sharp and sort of chemically tasting on the start, this one took a while to mature in the bowl. The vanilla is definitly there, but I dont find it sweet. Not sure where to go looking for the rum.

The initial confusion and dissappointment aside, it did get nice about half way dwon the bowl. Some of the darkness and sweetness started to come out pleasantly when sipped and snorkled. Beware of the dragon on this one though. Gums weren't too happer after the long haul.

give it a rip out of curiousity I suppose. I'll see whats happened to it after a couple years in the basement, lol.

UPDATE, Dec 28/09;

Okies, After 6 bowls of this tobacco, I get it, lol. Not used to aromatics being so subtle. Great tobacco taste and excellent room note. Definitely best after the 1st third of the bowl. Gonna throw a couple tins in the basement and finish this one, lol. Reccommend.

leaflover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
leaflover (2)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Very nice aromatic. "Tin smell" was delicious...vanilla being the predominant aroma deteted. It seemed a bit moist out of the fresh tin, so I let it dry for about ten minutes. The aroma was detectable the entire time I packed the pipe. The cut allowed for easy rubbing and packing. Upon lighting both the vanilla and the rum were noticeable in flavor. A little further into the bowl and the rum settled down a bit, and it remained this way until the bottom 1/4, when the rum began to come back. Despite this, the vanilla is never lost. This aromatic tastes much as it smells...like a vanilla-rum cased tobacco...though not much tobacco. It produced a light gurgle as many aromatics do, but it was quite tolarable. My wife and kids commented that the room aroma was sweet and in no way over-bearing. The bowl smoked a little quick, and at times, a touch hot. Nothing real bad, and I had no trouble keeping it lit. All in all, a dang decent aromatic. Definitely a "must try" for those looking for something medium-medium with a room pleasing aroma.

Nick O'Teen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nick O'Teen (90)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Big, sweet and lush casing flavor!

Forget about much tobacco taste, this is a delicious dessert that burns relatively cool with no bite. Smells great too!

This is an aromatic lover's dream.

The only downside to this weed is its ridiculously high price. To my knowledge, this is not available in bulk. The best quantity price from my supplier puts this at over $70 U.S. per pound. For Heaven's sake, this is pipe tobacco, not .999 silver bars!

Never-the-less, I'll continue to buy this from time to time for special occasions.

------

UPDATE 3/20/11:

Sadly, a recently purchased tin has shown a deterioration in quality. The big, bright, bold flavorings have been watered down. Taking this down a star and maybe more if the next tin is like this.

Very Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Aromatic fans who enjoy Vanilla and Rum (I had trouble tasting the Rum) will appreciate this blend. It is very light and frankly, not real tobacco tasting to me. Still, the aromatic crowd should love this quality offering because it is sweet, does not bite and stays lit easily.

Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Highly recommended for the dedicated Aromatic enthusiast. Otherwise a too highly flavored tobacco to make this a regular for me.

hjorte_tak Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hjorte_tak (5)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

I was given some of this Yellow Star Blend by an acquaintance of mine as a trade of tobacco tins we had just about completed. After trying out his offering, I HAD to go and purchase some more! I bought a 50g tin for $21.79 Cdn without complaint because it was so good.

The rum and vanilla marry together very well in this blend. The smell from the tin is almost addictive and even non- smokers cannot help but oohh and aahhh when they smell this tobacco in the tin.

Upon lighting, this tobacco curls wonderfully and lifts a whole different aroma into the air. Tamp down, re-light and you're off to the races. This tobacco tastes fantastic and is very light on the palate. The rum is almost in the background during the smoke and the vanilla takes centre stage here. My wife (and neighbours) love this tobacco almost as much as I do. It is highly recommended by this novice pipe smoker from Canada!

SFC/E7 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SFC/E7 (93)

I guess I?m a push-over for an aromatic and cannot go by a different one without trying it out.

Opening the lid I noticed the wide cut bright Virginia blended with ribbon brown and black Cavendish with the hint of a cased Rum and Vanilla aroma.

Sort of confusing who actually made this tobacco as the front of the tin says Made in Denmark, and the back of the tine says Made in Germany with a name Reiner my money is on Germany.

From the fist match you get the gentleness of the tobacco and the mild aroma of the Rum and Vanilla. There is no tongue bite and the taste is mild. I would recommend this tobacco to anyone first starting out or if one just wants try an aromatic blend.