A fine Virginia, Burley and Black Cavendish that is seasoned for weeks in oaken whiskey barrels. Topped with a nut type flavor. A milder blend for the aromatic smoker.

BrandReiner
2.9
Tin Meister Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tin Meister (3)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I am slightly amiss at the recent reviews of this fine Aromatic tobacco from Reiner.

I was hesitant to buy a tin after reading the reviews online but I took the chance and picked up a 100 gram tin from my local tobacco shop.

I am glad I did!

Firstly, the tobacco itself has a wonderful fragrant aroma as you open the tin, it is not an overpowering smell but instead a light and wafting hint of what is yet to come. It's moisture was seemingly perfect to me, very well cut and very easy to pack. Upon first light I immediately noticed a sweet and flavorful taste, much like a good Port. It was not overpowering in the least. Very sublime but nonetheless flavorful and "perky". The smoke was a pleasant sensation for my palette as well as my nose. There was absolutely no nicotine "punch", just a very tasteful smoke that kept my interest throughout the bowl.

Surprisingly, unlike some other reports, it yielded no discernible tongue bite to me at all. Yes, I could see that it may produce some biting if you were to keep puffing away and mistreat the overall experience but when enjoyed at a leisurely pace I cannot find any fault at all with the smoothness of this blend.

Something very unique to this aromatic that I was able to discern, was a very subtle change in tone (if you will) as the smoke progressed so did the amount of flavor and body. It was developing some very unique flavoring as the bowl was being drawn, exuding even a slightly malty taste I don't normally experience with an aromatic blend. As I have always enjoyed aromatics. I'm also exploring (and loving) Virginian as well. I find this blend to be a pleasant mid-ground. It allows for a very nice change of pace from SG FVF (which I also adore) without feeling that I'm missing out on any of the nuances that make non aromatics so appealing.

The Room Note was "high grade". At least my wife thinks so. She kept lauding it's praise and said I should really smoke this blend more often because it smelled so good!

Indeed, the more I smoked Reiner Professional, the more I realized that I've found a keeper for my rotation! Subtle yet exciting. Flavorful and aromatic but not overstated. I urge other pipe aficionados to explore this blend with an open mind and I think you too will discover how much of an enjoyable and relaxing smoke it exudes for all concerned. Kudos to Reiner for this absolutely delicious aromatic!

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Like all aromatics, it's like smoking potpourri. This blend is no exception. So, that being the case I will try to give an unbiased review and not compare it to my preferred english blends.

It packs well and smokes rather cool for what it is. The taste is similar to Blue Note as is the room aroma. There's no tobacco flavor to experience during the smoke, but the berry flavoring stays throughout the bowl. It's not particularly goopy or unpleasant.

Overall, it's a good tobacco for what it is.

Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

The whiskey is of very high quality and while it's the star flavor, it leaves room for some nuttiness from the other topping and the burley as well. The black cavendish imparts a little vanilla, but it's complimentary and doesn't distract from the other notes. The Virginia is a minor player with a little earth and grass. Sweet and smooth so long as you sip and don't puff too fast. It has a consistent taste from begining to end and leaves just a little moisture. I recommend a meer or a cob because it will leave a trail of flavor in your briar.

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (111)
Medium Medium to Strong Very Full Very Pleasant

This is well worth the money. Professional Mixture has to be the absolute best Aromatic tobacco for both the smoker and the passerby. I was expecting a let down another european tin. But I was so surpirsed that the flavor was so very full the topping was just right the aroma was that of cotton candy. The Nictoine level was good and the moisture level was dead on. I will definetly add this to my aroamtic roatation. And don't be cheap buy a tin and Try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pipe Used: Tsuge

Purchased From: Payless pipes

Pilotpuffer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pilotpuffer (6)

I have to agree with Pipestud in his review of this mixture. I generally do not concentrate on (or for that matter "with") aromatics, but this blend is interesting. I have not had the snake bite on the tongue with Professional and I usually smoke a tad bit more aggressive than I know I should. The taste is pleasing and not overly seasoned to me. I think Reiner did will with this blend. I enjoy trying to discover the distinct flavors each time I relax with a bowl. An interesting diversion from my usual vaper and english blends. Recommended.

My wife says she approves of the room note. : )

Pipe Used: 1956 GBD billiard

Age When Smoked: 1 year aged

Purchased From: I haveforgotten

Arkie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkie (106)
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I love this stuff. The casing and/or topping is very subtle. The taste is extremely smooth and mild. It has delicate, sweet quality about it that is difficult to describe. The only criticism I have is that it is packed in a hinged tine that isn't air tight and the celaphane bag isn't sealed so it has to be put into a humidor or air tight jar immediately.

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A very beautiful box contains this aromatic mixture by Reiner. An interesting mix, with a characteristic scent - for me - on almost all the tobaccos that are made by Kohlhase & Kopp. Includes Virginia, burley and black cavendish. Easily fills the bowl. It also lights without much effort, burned dry to the end and retains the aroma, unchanged by the 4/5 of the bowl. Something that is especially difficult and those who smoke aromatic tobaccos know it. Fruity taste more like wine or cognac, rather than whiskey. Regarding the scent that it leaves in the room I must admit that it is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!

ynrozturk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ynrozturk (40)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

I am a big fan of aromatics, and I'm always on the lookout for the one of my dreams. For the past few months I've been smoking Mac Baren's Vanilla Cream, and while I like it a lot, I always find myself unsatisfied and willing to try different aromatics.

Enter Reiner Professional. The smell in the tin is amazing. Like, seriously amazing. When I opened the packaging inside the tin, the smell got even better. I almost didn't want to smoke it - I damn near almost ate it! It smells extraordinary. Nice dose of caramel and nuts, with some hints of fruit. I was incredibly excited to get some of this tobacco into a bowl as soon as I could.

Right out of the tin, the moisture level was perfect, and it packed easy as can be into my Peterson. Lighting it was also a breeze. Light, tamp, light again, and you're down to the end of the bowl with no hassles on the way whatsoever. It has zero tongue bite but, while I hate to say it, the incredible aroma in the pouch doesn't really translate into the actual smoke. It's very mild, which is not a bad thing, but instead of the caramel I got more flowery notes for some reason. Further down the bowl, it got sweeter and more satisfying.

For an aromatic, this stuff burns extremely cool, but then again, I am pretty slow sipper. It offers nice clouds of smoke, and the room note is absolutely out of this world - right up there with Mac Baren's Vanilla Cream.

I believe I still need to spend some more time with this, but I like it already. And I have no doubts at all that it's just going to get better when it's aired out a bit more, too.

Top quality smoke.

Morgoth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Morgoth (22)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

(a long sigh)...to err is human, is it not? Ah, brethren of the pipe, I am therefore...human. What would possess me to purchase a blend (an aromatic at that) that barely elicits one review a year? An aromatic was necessary...as I am not a bachelor and winter?s approach presently confines me to smoking indoors by the fire.

Unaware was I, that there would be more than one rampant fire within my den. Another reviewer of this blend had misgivings with calamitous heat in the briar...I suggest you all heed his defensible warning. I most sincerely echo his foreshadowing sentiment and lamentation.

Surely, a reflection on some merits is in order...let me ponder this. Oh yes, I somewhat like the appearance of the tin. Perchance something else......ah...the blend does have a brilliant aroma and the appearance of the rough-cut blend is certainly provocative and engaging to the eye. I may, therefore, fill a crystal ash try and display it as one would any other potpourri.

Not recommended...neither to friend nor foe alike.

Companion infusion: equal parts ice and water...the water would not be a requisite.

Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I think the first reviewer of this blend (ruggiero) hit the nail on the head when he said this aromatic smoked cool and was a "real novelty" in the world of aromatics. Reiner has come out with some very good tobaccos over the last couple of years (Long Golden Flake is my favorite) and this blend is no exception.

Those of you who are far more expert than I at smoking various tobacco types know that aromatics need to be "sipped" to be fully enjoyed. But frankly, I found this blend remained cool even when my puffing cadence increased considerably. The taste was somewhat like fermented fruit or perhaps a fruit flavored brandy. Quite elegant and I applaud the effort of the blender. It even burned to a mostly dry ash - another unique feature of stronger aromatics.

This is marvelous stuff for a change of pace, (IMO, of course.)

Pagercat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pagercat (41)
Mild Extra Strong Overwhelming Strong

I really wanted to like this blend, however, no matter how much I tried I could not even tolerate it. In a nutshell: sickeningly sweet; raunchy finish; sticky wet goop and smokes like molten lava.

The taste is like apricot brandy that has been mixed with cheap strong perfume and sweat rung out from a pair of heavily-soiled underwear. This "hickory nut extract" tastes like the sweaty armpit of an unshowered athelete...(don't ask).

The temperature this blend smokes at is hot. "How hot?" you ask? How about "Hotter than Eva Longoria nude and covered with coconut oil"?

So if you like sweet sweaty searing smoke...go with this blend.

ThePuffingLibrarian Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ThePuffingLibrarian (5)
Strong Strong Very Full Very Pleasant

This is an excellent aromatic full of flavours and complexity with a nice roundness. This tobacco produces also the best aroma a pipe can produce. I've had compliments from lots of people, smokers and non-smokers alike. I could hear passers-by strolling down my street wondering what was that wonderful smell. I even had little kids coming to my porch at Halloween telling me that my pipe smelled amazing.

Sailorjack Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sailorjack (56)

This a very tasty and lovely smelling aromatic tobacco.Not goopy or overcased. The problem is that it is just too tough on the ol'tongue even when puffed at a lethargic pace. No improvement when dried out a bit and this was a tin that had a bit of age on it.

Dunkel Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dunkel (11)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I'm very surprised by the other reviews written for this tobacco. I don't know if everyone has fried their taste buds on their bitey fancy schmancy English blends or what? LOL This smelled absolutely amazing in the tin and was very nice in the briar. The room note is very appealing. It was a little moist when I first opened the tin. I had to sit the first bowl out for about an hour to get it to proper moisture content. Packed easily after that and stayed lit with little to no effort. Had a nice nutty, fruity undertone and a nice rich tobacco flavor. It did get a little bitey here and there but it was easily managed. No goop in the bottom of the bowl at the end. The only thing I can say against it is it's very expensive. I still prefer Boswell's Christmas Cookie as my favorite aromatic, but this is very high on the list.

padrebean Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
padrebean (4)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

I generally do not smoke aromatics although of late I have been branching out. I purchased this tin at the reccomendation of my tobacconist at The Briary in Birmingham, Alabama. I have found this blend to be an enjoyable smoke. For me, it provided a cool and tasty experience. I did smoke it slowly since I am afaid of aromatic bite. I would recommend this as a nice change of pace for the English blend smoker. Enjoy!

ruggiero Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ruggiero (19)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I needed a quality aromatic in my rotation for those occasions when I smoke my pipe around mixed company--or when I'm in the doghouse with the Mrs.--so I picked up a 100 g tin of this while at the New York Pipe Show this past weekend. The medium to long ribbon cut flakes consisted of black cavendish and medium to light brown Burley and Virginias. Naturally due to the higher moisture content of the casings, packing the bowl was a little tricky. When the match struck the tobacco, the aroma was pleasantly sweet and reminded me of Iwan Ries' Three Star Blue. Kind of an Apricot Brandy- Franglelica combination filled the air. Pretty nice stuff. This blend smoked cool, and surprisingly, there was no dottle at the base of my old Charatan billiard near the end of the smoke.. a real novelty in the world of smoking aromatics. This is a true Danish, high quality aromatic with a totally yummy room note. Highly recommended when you get that sweet tooth or for an after dinner treat.