A Danish mixture made from fine Virginia tobaccos mellow Burley and mild Black Cavendish. A mild naturally sweet mixture with a pleasant room note. Easy to fill into the pipe, slow burning with a cool smoke.

BrandOrlik Tobacco Company A/S
1.5
stieltje Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
stieltje (14)
Extremely Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Very Pleasant

It seems that this tobacco is not for the smoker, but for the ppl around him.

When I smoked this, many years ago, in a bar, the other patrons actually came up to me and asked whatever it was I smoked, it smelled so very good.

Unfortunatly there was no taste at all, just HOT smoke, never been bitten as bad as from this tobacco, like pouring boiling water into your mouth.

Bah, if prisoners of war had to smoke this, it would be a violation of the geneva convention!

HPFlashman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
HPFlashman (9)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

A mild and pleasant smoking tobacco. Some toffee, very similiar in smell to the W.Ø Larsen Old Fashioned, but without the toungebite I suffer from the latter. I like this aromatic for its pleasantness. It is just a good smoke, nothing special or great, but plain good.

It works great in the pipes I have tried it in, the Falcons are a given for aromatics, but the Club Mixture also performs flawless in the Dinky, a tiny, short stemmed pipe that gives nothing at the door when it comes to biting if the blend hides such tendencies.

Pipe Used: Falcon, Stanwell, Dinky and diverse

Age When Smoked: Fresh from shop

Similar Blends: W.Ø Larsen Old Fashioned.

Very Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Pleasant

I bought a pouch of this at a time when I was most likely out of my head with painkillers because of my then-recent slipped disc. Reminder to myself: don't order tobacco when you're bombed out of your head.

That aside, opening the pouch I smelled, mostly, caramel and toffee. The leaf is a mixed ribbon, mostly yellow to brown with VA, and some BC in there. The mixture seems to work best in my smaller bowls; unlike most aromatics, it actually burns down decently and does not leave much dottle.

There is certainly little nicotine in there, but at least the room note will allow me to smoke this in places where a cigarette or cigar smoker would be thrown out. That's a good property IMHO.

Not going to buy again. Those who like aromatics may want to try this; it's not entirely bad and is composed of quality tobaccos. For me... well, I'll finish the pouch, mostly in two of my corn cobs -- it does seem to work best in those pipes.

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Very Mild Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

Having experienced the Golden Sliced, which I love, in January 2010 I found the Orlik Club in a shop in Bilbao. It includes Virginia, Burley and Black Cavendish. A composition which is very promising, but unluckily not meeting its standards. A blend that creates a lot of tonque bite in any way you might try to smoke it. No taste, no smell. After smoking 5-6 bowls with very good mood, I had to make a mixture with Essence of Vermont, and leave it for some time hopping that it will improve through aging. The only good thing is that it fills the bowl easily.

viscfab Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
viscfab (81)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

Another below average Danish Blend. The tobacco casing is somewhat raisins and licorice but not much flavour in this one.

JackinJapan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JackinJapan (12)

Unfortunately I cannot find myself recommending this tobacco. I bought a packet of it and while the taste is not unpleasant, it is also nothing to write home about. Everytime I try to smoke a bowl of it I find myself quitting before the halfway point because of the bite that develops. Flavor can be a motivating factor and sometimes I find myself continuing to smoke a tobacco even it if has a bite because the flavor leads me on. Not in this case. The nicotine strength is also mild and so no advantage to be found there either.

Opening the packet revealed relatively high quality tobacco with a pleasant but not overly exciting aroma. It is ribbon cut and the moisture content was fine and it burned acceptably and I have not found any stems.

-------------------

Bottom Line: An Aromatic with an acceptable room note but nothing attractive enough in the taste to overcome the disadvantage of the tongue bite. A tobacco I would be happy to find if I was stranded on a desert island but which I will not ever go out of my way to buy again here in the real world where there are much better tobaccos available.

MAXYSDAD Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MAXYSDAD (9)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Do unto others (tobacco,s) as they shall do unto you - Its for relaxing with for goodness sake ,don,t dive in +puff away expecting instant revelation - Give this un a chance -look for the flavours - love the great(toffee shop) room note - use your 3D skills of esoteric awareness -all will be OK!

Very Mild Very Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

I believe my fellow reviewer Eulenberg has this one completely nailed. Likewise, I believe he's figured out how the Danes spanked the British Isles.

Man, this stuff is horrible. I picked it up at the 2005 Kansas City Pipe Show. I really liked the gentleman who sold it to me. But now he's got some 'splainin' to do.

Semois Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Semois (18)
Medium Strong Full Strong

Not recommended at all. This is nearly tobacco. Hot, burning your tongue and where is the tobacco-taste ? Who asks for such things ?

Puf Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Puf (10)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

To me this seems just like Orlik Mellow Blend, except this one is scented with a licorice/ vanilla flavor. I do enjoy scented blends on occasion, but this one was to sweet. On the positive side, it is very easy to pack and smoke

Eulenburg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Eulenburg (193)

Sweet, innocuous Danish milksop, makes Golden Slices taste positively brutish. How DID these guys sack the British Isles silly? By scalding their tongues, I gather?