A unique blend of the best bright Virginias from Brazil perfectly balanced with black cavendish and flavours of vanilla and caramel.

BrandPeterson
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCaramel, Vanilla
CountryIE
Strength
Taste
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Peterson - 2018 Summertime (Limited Edition).

I always look forward to the limited editions from Peterson. I'll check my computer religiously, every day, on the precursory few weeks to their release. Sad, but true ;)

To me, the ingredients for this read more like one of their Holiday Season blends. Cavendish, Caramel and Vanilla? But who am I to argue with a tobacco giant such as Peterson, LOL! The aroma from the tin backs up my Holiday Season theory well. Albeit, the smell isn't as heavy and sticky as some of their Christmas blends have been. It's more like a 'Light Holiday Season'mixture. The blend contains an even amount of black to brown pieces. Because the Peterson 100g tins aren't sealed, they just have a clip on the edge of the rim, the moisture was just right for imminent smoking.

I like the flavour, but as I expected, it doesn't quite fit MY expectations of a summer blend. No fresh fruit or sprightly alcohol. Forget my predilections though, I'll try and be more objective. Although the blend incorporates both caramel and vanilla it doesn't taste too clumsy and sludgy. The tobaccos work in the same way: the equal amount of each prevents the black Cavendish' stickiness monopolizing the smoke; as well as the black Cav's 'heavier' notes there are lighter/sharper notes from the Virginias. The burn can't be faulted, and I get no tongue bite.

Nicotine: below medium. Room-note: lovely.

2018 Summertime? I'd much rather have something more lively tasting for a summer smoke. But objectively it deserves a recommendation:

Three stars.

Pipe Used: Ramazan Baglan Lee Van Cleef Rep'

Purchased From: G.Q Tobaccos.