Reviews: 82067 Tobaccos: 7126What's NewLoginRegister

Our 2017 Christmas offering starts as a traditional Navy Flake. Bright Virginia is soaked in dark and steamed until near black. We spice it lightly with perique and fire-cured and hand press it while still hot. Sliced thinly for easy rubbing out. While our yearly Christmas offerings normally favor sweeter milder tobacco blends, Reindeer Droppings is for the lover of true tobacco flavor.

BrandWatch City Cigar
Blended ByErnie Q
Manufactured ByWatch City Cigar Co.
Blend TypeVirginia/Perique
ContentsPerique, Virginia
FlavoringRum
Strength
Taste
Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant

Fat flakes of dark-colored leaf with a sweet rum and perique bag aroma. The flakes were crumbly and hard to fold, so I rubbed them out, which took a little bit of dexterity but not an abusive amount of time. A little finely rubbed tinder on top and away we go.

This is a Christmas blend, but I hope Ernie keeps it year round. If you enjoy his Slices, this is that one's dark-exteriored but mellow-hearted and spicy brother. A smooth smoke but with a lot of vigor behind it, good sweetness but not too sweet, and this "cautious boldness" that I found tantalizing. If I wanted it to smoke with more presence, I puffed a bit harder. It didn't lose its cool demeanor. There was a moderate amount of dark fruit but this really didn't fall into those overused adjectives reviewers tend to fall into. The rum didn't really strike me as rum but more of a slight smoothing effect. This one looks robust but, like Dark Star, it's really pretty mellow. I marked it as "medium" because the smoker can push it to that level if desired, and I did so regularly. This is my personal Best New Blend of 2018 and I can't imagine anything unseating it. Again, Ernie Quint is the finest blender in the U.S IMHO. Don't miss out on this if you're a tobacco lover. It could be gone quickly