A light American blend of Virginia and Burley grades with bulk cured Cavendish.

BrandHalf & Half
2.5
Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (117)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild Tolerable

H&H stuff just has no direction. Not a good grade of Virgina and Burley. The Name should be achanged to Half Bad & Half Rotten

Uncle Burl Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Uncle Burl (7)

Having smoked a great many custom blends through the years I feel I finally have enough experience to evaluate and appreciate the old OTC brands. In my final evaluation I'd say that Half and Half is THE FINEST "Over The Counter" blend ever produced and still sold! That would be followed closely by Prince Albert, but H&H wins for me hands down. It has everything I was looking for in an everyday, anytime pipe tobacco. It's flavorful and the taste reminds me of a little bit of Ocean Spray Cranberry at times regardless of the companies actual listed toppings. It burns well and doesn't bite if it's not pushed by smoking to strong or fast. Though not PC today it's even mild enough to inhale coming from the time period long ago of a "crossover" blend (think lucky strike) tobacco for pipes and roll your own cigs. I frankly find myself reaching for it most always even though I have a wide variety of tobacco cellared away. I am well aware of how subjective taste among people, but I'm very pleased that a great many obviously agree with me since it's still being produced. Don't let older reviews keep you from trying and potentially enjoying this historical and familiar favorite of mine. If for some reason you happen to not enjoy it, you can send any left over my way! It's seriously that good to me. Some may call me common, but I've learned there's nothing wrong with that. I'm an "earthy" man, that comes from simple folks that worked the land by the sweat of their brow with calloused hands. Half and Half goes well after good honest work, wearing blue jeans and of course is best smoked from the venerable Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cob Pipe.

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum Cob

Age When Smoked: 2017 new tub of regular H&H

Similar Blends: Prince Albert I guess, but I really stands on its own..