Brings the sun into your pipe. Flaky, fragrant Virginia-Mix from more tart, African- and richly-sweet Indian varietals. Flavorful ripeness with chatoyant loveliness, uncomplicated, fresh, velvety. A mild pleasure, that with its friendly, relaxed manner also appeals to beginners, who look for unadulterated tobacco taste.

BrandMotzek
Blended ByTom Darasz
Manufactured ByMotzek / TAK
Packaging100g Pouch
Strength
Taste

DenizBeck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DenizBeck (176)

An easy Virginia mixture in a coarse and broad cut. The colors are intriguing, lots of orange-red, light to medium brown and few bright, almost beige strands, and 2-3 black strands too. Extra fluffy, I had troubles to get the 100g into my mason jar, which usually perfectly takes 100g of tobacco.

Bag-note is most natural Virginia pleasure. Decent honey sweetness, some mild spice. I also get some hay-ish notes, and hints of fruits. Not too complex, but solid, appealing scent.

First light gave me a very lemony, orangy aroma. I had my first bowl of this after breakfast, so it was very apt to my mood. Soon some decent honey-ish sweetness joins in, but really rather in the background. Earthy, spicy and tart notes are in interplay with lemony, sweet, mildly hay-ish ones, that also hold a blade or two of grassiness as the flavour-profile builds up. Not too complex in the smoke too, but the interplay of spicy-tart and lemony-sweet just works for me and makes for an entertaining smoke.

The varying cuts, broad, coarse and some more fine-cut, ribbon-ish parts make for a slow, steady and cool burn. As with every Virginia blend, relaxed cadence is the key to most refined flavours, and to prevent bite, even though you can push this blend quite a bit until it gets bity. Leaves nothing but gray ash and a satisfyied pipe smoker behind.

I'm not the most versed Virginia smoker, I have my 3-4 straight Virginias I love by times (Best Brown Flake, HH Mature VA, TAK Virginia Cake being some), but most of the time they are too "airy", to mild for my taste-buds. But Sunny Virgi is a tad more intense in spice and savory notes than most of the other ones I smoke. Close to HH Mature VA. While I find HH M. VA to be rather tart and savory Virginia composition, Sunny Virgi has this lemony-sweet counterplay in its tase-profile, which gives it a tad more depth.

A very pleasant straight Virginia blend, which I'll be including into my Virginia collection. As I only smoke 1-2 bowls of straight Virginia blends per week, sometimes even none, my 100g will last me quite some time I guess, but it's a worthy companion for my small collection of Virginias I enjoy and I can highly recommend it to Virginias-Aficionados, as well as to beginners, who want to lean towards natural blends, and any other smoker, who likes some velvety -smooth, yet spicy and tart blend that's mild in strenght in their pipe.

Pipe Used: Clays, Cobs, Briars

Purchased From: http://dein-tabak.de/index.php (Motzek)