Burley, lightly pressed and cut.

BrandMotzek
Tolerable to Strong
DenizBeck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DenizBeck (176)
Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

My first blending tobacco from Motzek, along with the Oriental one. I ordered this mainly to smoke some pure Burley, as it's next to impossible to get a straight Burley blend in Germany besides Solanis Aged Burley Flake.

Comes in a broken flake cut, of various brown tones. Has a lovely pouch-aroma of cocoa, chocolate and some honey, as well as some spice. I asked if this is unadulterated Burley, but it is cased!

Packed some in my small Old Dominion Cob and went on my journey. I instantly recognized the very same Burley aroma as in "Burley´s Best Friend" by Motzek...looks like its the exact same Burley leaf! Walnuts, sweet nuts, milk-chocolate, and some deep , dark cocoa to it. Minor sweetness and some decent spice. No rough edges at all, smooth as silk and creamy smoke.

This can be smoked straight, and I will certainly do so! But I'll go and fiddle to find a good ratio of Burley+Oriental, and also one Burley+Orient+Perique (I have some Torben Dansk Perique at hand) blends. As a Burley Aficionado, you'll love this. For experiments at home this is perfect, as it's already cased and ready to smoke stand-alone.

4/4 stars for a lovely Burley.

Pipe Used: Corn Cob

Similar Blends: exactly the same Burley aroma as in, Motzek - Burley's Best (Friend).