A mixture of bright and Cavendish tobacco rounded off with the distinctive fruit flavor of Mango. An unusual choice for Britain but not on the Continent where this fruit is well known.

BrandExclusiv
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
2.4
BuckyOHare Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BuckyOHare (2)

Well this is my first tobacco review.

I had read the varied opinions on this tobacco but decided that it was to intriguing to not try it, so I bought an ounce today at Duckworth's in Colwyn Bay.

I have gone through it already! It was a very pleasing smoke; not at all as I had expected from the reviews on here. The tobacco was moist without being damp and had a pleasing smell on opening the pouch, not too overpowering in the fruit department - it still smelt like tobacco and not something artificial. It packs well and took a flame nicely, once the initial two lights had been done I had no cause to light again. I had no bitefrom it and there were some lovely caramel flavours to be had though I struggled to get any mango from it whilst smoking. The mango actually came about five minutes after finishing!

A delightful aromatic, very mild and a good one as a first tobacco.

BlackVelvet Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BlackVelvet (3)
Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

Expect bite, throat ache and a horrible cigarette taste. No luck with this beast of a tobacco, I tried everything I could think of to try and get any sweet/decent flavour out of it, but to no avail. Sorry Exclusiv, you've failed me again.

Very Mild Very Strong Very Mild Strong

During my aromatics binge in my first pipe smoking years, I went through one full pouch of this... er, desaster.

I had just finished a tin of the same brand's Royal blend and thought the quality level might be similar. Unfortunately, I was severely disappointed.

On opening the pouch, the aroma was truly delicious: straight Mango aroma. The weed was rather wet though. It was easy enough to stuff and light, but the pouch aroma did not translate into taste. Which was sweet and fruity throughout maybe the first third of the pipe, but then deteriorated into bitterness and tarriness.

After a few pipes, I thought no tobacco could be this consistently bad, it had to be either the wrong pipe or maybe I was puffing too hard, so I tried to correct those potential errors. No joy.

At about the same time, Von Eicken's Springwater was introduced. I must admit that Sweet Mango and Springwater are similar in many ways, but where the latter excels, unfortunately the former let me down by being too hot, too wet, too tarry, too... well, just too low-quality.

Newsman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Newsman (9)
Very Strong Very Strong Medium to Full Extra Strong

This is tobacco from blender Pöschl tobacco in Germany. Very wet and it is not very nice to smoke it. If you are lucky, you can get package really fresh and fruity with the exotic taste of mangoes. but not very often.

It will burn your toungue.

Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Tolerable

If you really want to try an odd flavour you can try this one for sure: to be a drugstore type of blend is surprisingly delicate and easy to smoke. The ribbon cut provides an easy packing and the perfect moisture guarantees a perfect lighting. The bowl proceeds evenly, no need to relight, and it isn't wet or biting at all. The flavouring is definitely present, but not overwhelming as you might expect. Not my usual cup of tea, but a nice candy smoke if you think you may want something different sometimes.

fran009 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fran009 (2)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Nothing noticeable. Boring. The added flavour and tobacco notes are fighting but any shines.

Looking for that unusual Aromatic with some real tobacco properties? Well here it is.

Pipe Guy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipe Guy (23)

I never thought I'd smoke, let alone enjoy, a mango aromatic. But this blend has turned out to be a very nice aromatic. The more I smoke this blend, the more I enjoy it. I find this blend to be a very refreshing blend for the warmer spring/summer months. This is a nice change from the usual generic cherry/vanilla aromatics.

Pouch aroma: wonderful, refreshing scent of fresh fruits. It reminds me of dried fruits, such as papaya, pineapple, apricot, mango, raisins, and other fresh tropical fruits.

The tobacco is a little on the dry side, but it's not too bad. I don't seem to notice any negative effects from this. However, it may be a little difficult to load a smaller pipe with the traditional three-layer pack. I can pack about two thick layers of this tobacco before my pipe gets too cramped. The tobacco cut is small and somewhat rough (described as Ready Cut on the pouch).

This tobacco has a little bite on the first light, but it mellows as I continue to smoke. The tobacco smokes nicely and doesn't leave any goop behind. I can't say I taste or smell mango, but this blend has such a wonderful aroma of fresh tropical fruits!

This blend makes me feel like I'm on a tropical island when I smoke it. ;-) I will be buying more of this.

Magian Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Magian (2)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Very good tobacco with nice exotic taste and aroma. Good choice for the evening pipe. Comes in 50-gram poach and 100-gram tin.