A pressed cake from (3 different) cut burley varietals, some dark fired Virginia and a touch of Kentucky.

BrandMotzek
Strength
Taste

DenizBeck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DenizBeck (175)

Burley Boys listen up! This is some truly unique speciality for lovers of Burleys! I was excited to get my hands on it and afer I had a small sample of this, I instantly ordered 200g...planing to hoard tons of this! ;-D

Lovely Crumble Cake, red-brown, dark-brown and some bright spots. The unburnt aroma puzzled me at first. There is some herbalness to it, that baffled me, but it's this very herbalness, that makes me love it so much. Delicate aroma of sweet nuts and some spice to it as well.

Perfect conditoned, it can be smoked right away after crumbling it, but it benefits of a short drying time (drying it out for too long will provoke some harsh notes!). I find the sweet-spot to be 30-90 minutes.

In the pipe this is heaven for Burley fanatics! The herbalness of the unburnt aroma is present, among with rich nuttiness that carries some delicious sweetness to it. Decent, tangy spice underscores the experience to make it even more exciting and satisfying. Interplay of tartness and delicate honey-sweet nuts with this very special herbal-y aroma I mentioned. Reminds me a bit of C&D's Haunted Bookshop, but more mellow in strenght!

Decent strenght, that won't knock you off your feet, and very, very All-day suitable Burley blend... ranks in my Top-5 Burley blends, and is taking the lead in it, as its easier available than Haunted Bookshop and a tad more delicate for me.

I wrote an in-depth review about this if anyone is interested, it's in German tho: http://tabak-pfeife.com/index.php/tabak/motzek-thomasdarasz/72-burleys-crumble-motzek-tak

Pipe Used: Clay Pipe / Dedicated Briar / Various Briars

Purchased From: http://dein-tabak.de/index.php (Motzek)

Similar Blends: Shares decent similarities with, Cornell & Diehl - Haunted Bookshop.