McClelland's TQ (Top Quality) may be the smoothest medium aromatic you'll ever try. Consistent from first puff to last, TQ offers a very pleasant vanilla/mild chocolate aroma with just a hint of coconut on the nose. Rich and creamy, this ribbon-cut blend will be an instant classic.

Blended ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant

2.5

McClelland - T.Q. - Top Quality Gold & Toasted.

Virginia accounts for a higher proportion of the blend, and a lot of this is quite a fine ribbon. The smaller proportion of black Cavendish is a little coarser. The pouch smells sweetly cased. Moisture's good.

The coconut seems a bit louder for the initial quarter, and the vanilla and chocolate seem lightly added. I get a touch of an unlisted flavour reminiscent of cinnamon, with a spot of maple. The topping masks the tobaccos to a certain extent. The burn from it's good, being cool and consistent. A small fault with this is tongue bite: but, it's only a gentle nip!

Nicotine: mild. Room-note: pleasant.

Top Quality': I quite enjoyed my initial bowl, but after my third I began to notice a slight bitterness in my mouth. This reduces the rating, two stars:

Somewhat recommended.

Pipe Used: Peterson Deluxe P-Lip #3s

BROBS Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BROBS (44)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I would call this the tobacco that Lane 1Q should have been. This one has all the great flavors that people love without the chemical and BBQ taste of Lane 1Q. Very creamy, mild, and delicious. I can taste the coconut and it gives the whole aspect a caramel or butterscotch quality. A perfect American aromatic in my opinion. Doesn't bite regardless of how fast you suck down the bowl, leaves a delectable room note, and smokes down to ash in the bottom of the bowl. I will be buying more of this.. as it's the true hidden gem of the McClelland line. I gave away the small amount of 1Q I had and replaced it with this.

edit: removed one star due to "alcohol" or "off" taste that can develop as the bowl is smoked.

Pipe Used: Vauens

Similar Blends: Lane Limited - 1-Q.