Notably smooth smoking with a unique aroma.

Notes: Discontinued Blend.

BrandErinmore
Blended ByMurray's
ContentsVirginia, Black Cavendish
FlavoringFruit / Citrus
Strength
Very Mild, Medium
Medium, Extra Strong
Taste
Medium to Full, Overwhelming
Pleasant, Strong
1.5
Eulenburg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Eulenburg (193)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

THIS is the rubbed-out version of the PLUG and FLAKE. It is strong Virginia that has received the flavouring as a topping, not a casing. I kind of like it, but prefer the flake, and the PLUG most of all.

Sceny Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sceny (66)
Very Mild Extra Strong Overwhelming Strong

In for a penny, in for a pound; that was my reasoning here. After smoking Erinmore Mixture, I decided that I should at least put the Pineapple Pipe to good use and try this as well. Actually, I liked this tobacco a bit better than Mixture; it at least provided more than one flavor. The tobacco was part of a sampler pack, so I can't comment on tin aroma or appearance. In the bag, it had a rather strong smell of fruit; pineapple was certainly there, but I would describe this more as "mixed fruit", or possibly "cheap fruitcake" _sans_ nuts. It came in 4-inch flake form, mostly dark brown with veins of lighter brown also present. It was on the dry side and thus rubbed out easily, the fruit odor becoming more apparent as it did so. Packing and lighting were easy, and the stuff at least burned well, requiring the average number of relights. In the first third of the bowl, the only real flavor I get is mixed fruit. I can identify the pineapple, but there are several other fruity flavors here, too. The second and third parts are identical to the first; a sweet mixed fruit casing, strong right to the dottle. As with Mixture, there is no bite and little moisture, and the room note is nice. On the other hand, while not as one dimensional as its brother, I still find myself searching unsuccessfully for the tobacco I know is here somewhere. I also don't notice a spicy flavor at all. Overall, as before, if you really like fruity tobacco, go for it. But be warned: the casing is there to stay, choose a pipe you don't plan on using for anything else. Slightly better and less boring than Mixture, though I don't expect to smoke this more than once a month or so.