None.

thesmoggypipester Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
thesmoggypipester (48)
Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant

A new tobacco!

My aunty picked this up for me in Benidorm old town, to me it's an under the radar tobacco, I've searched high and low and found nothing on it what so ever! So it's either new or no one has wrote about it.

So what do we have as soon as I seen American mixture I thought it would be some overly sweet candy store Cavendish mixture, what it actually is is just a straight forward Virginia and burley mix, varying different size ribbons, no where near refined as there is a good amount of odds and sods in there, and moisture? What moisture, this stuff is absolutely bone dry.

But these misgivings aside what is it actually like to smoke? It is actually rather Good! The aroma from the tin is remarkably similar to Carter hall, it has that burley chocolatey like aroma, typical Virginia aromas and I suppose one good thing about it being bone dry is more tobacco for the penny's.

Packing is a firmer affair, lights with ease and it settles itself into a pretty decent smoke, it can get bitey if you rush but take your time and it does reward, for a dry tobacco the pipe stays remarkably cool as well.

Now I will be honest this is not going to set the world on fire, there is no subtle nuances or anything like that again it's taste is remarkably similar to Carter hall. This tobacco is what I would call a work smoke, you smoke while on with something else, or during your lunch break, or as a simple no fuss all day smoke.

I have had repeated bowls in my falcon and it doesn't get nasty, it doesn't sour, it's just a good honest smoke and I suppose it does have a certain old time charm to it, as it is probably something similar to what was smoked decades ago. If you don't want to smoke this neat then I would suggest this as a great blending base, I suppose if you wanted to hydrate it a little it probably would be easy enough to do it.

All in all 3 stars, it's a decent middle of the road smoke either for working or a simple all day smoke.

Pipe Used: Falcon