A dark, spicy, mild Virginia Kentucky flake. An alternative for English smokers.

BrandPeter Heinrichs
Strength
Taste
DenizBeck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DenizBeck (176)

I grabbed a sample of CH 44 about 4-5 months ago. Opening the baggie today the tobacco was still dripping moist! Hints towards there being quite a lot additives in it that keep it moist. Not a plus for me, as it's straight up unsmokeable in this condition and I like my tobacco most natural, as the Motzek blends are..

3-4 hours of drying at fresh air helps and makes it perfectly smokeable. The scent of the unburnt tobacco is dark breadish, underscored with honey and very little citrus. All in all a hearthy aroma. The flakes are rather dark brown with very few bright speckles. There's quite a bit of Kentucky in it I'd suppose and the VAs used were either stoved or they used dark VAs.

Lighting it up in one of my beloved clays I liked what I smoked. Very(!) bread-ish, reminiscent of dark- and whole-rye-bread, that's underscored with a bit of nutty-sweet, and molasses by the Kentucky in it. A minor grassy and slightly citrusy aroma is whirling in the back of the flavor-profile and help balancing the bold power of the other components, with their "dark character".

A very flavorful smoke, and definetly an "All-Day-Alternative" not only for english-smokers, but also for people who like blends like Old Dark Fired, Bold Kentucky or other (df) Kentucky forward blends and look for a digestible all-day smoke of that kind.

Can smoke quite hot, best to be sipped very slow (or air breaht method, as I do) to get most flavors out, prevent bite and avoid harsh spots.

I have a feeling this could be Solanis Silver Flake, just in another package (both from K&K; Heinrichs sells a lot of blend from other brands under their label with different names). I haven't got my hand on Silver Flake so for, but I'll update as soon as I have.

Strenght is a solid medium+.

Definetly worth trying, not the most "deep" nor complex blend, but a flavorful extension for the Kentucky-lovers tobacco bar, or an mild (more surroundings-friendly) alternative for the English mans dash of Latakia bombs.

Pipe Used: Clay Pipe