A dark, spicy, mild Virginia Kentucky flake. An alternative for English smokers.

BrandPeter Heinrichs
Blended ByPeter Heinrichs
Manufactured ByKohlhase & Kopp
Blend TypeVirginia/Burley
ContentsKentucky, Virginia

DenizBeck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DenizBeck (238)

After I had tried this early in my piping-career, I was able to pack another bowl of it on my last Peter Heinrichs visit and instantly knew I had to get a tin! It smells and tastes very similar to Solanis Silver Flake, yet the coloration of CH 44 is much darker.

Long ribbons of flakes are waiting in the 100g tin that only costs 16,60€! Dark, dark brown, almost black, this is made from Virginias and dark fired Kentucky as the vendor told me. I guess the Virginias are either dark Virginias and/or stoved, the color is rich and dark. Very piquant, slightly fruity and decently sweet tin-note, which transposes very well into the smoked aroma.

In the pipe you get a lot of piquancy, decently smoky spice, some fruity edges and decent sweetness. The Kentucky sports some nuttiness, and makes for an earthy, bold backbone in this blend.

Great smoke and for me it can easily replace Solanis Silver Flake, not only due to the much better price! Worth trying if you can get ahold of a tin, great All-Day Virginia/Kentucky with good balance between spice and sweetness.

Pipe Used: Clays, Cobs, Briars

Purchased From: Peter Heinrichs (Chateau Henri)

Similar Blends: Solani - 660: Silver Flake.