A handmade speciality with a unique character. Latakia, burley and perique are spun and perfected in a baking procedure.

BrandMotzek
Blended ByTom Darasz / TAK
Manufactured ByMotzek / TAK
Blend TypeOther
ContentsBurley, Latakia, Perique
CutRope
Packaging100 grams pouch
Strength
Taste
Full
Strong
DenizBeck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DenizBeck (263)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Strong

The companion to "Black Twist", which is the same blend but with Kentucky instead of Burley. I sampled both and this is my opinion to Night Twist:

Unburnt aroma is very musty, very dark and tart with next to no sweetness. Lovely Twist, as all of the Motzek Twists are. Mostly black with red-brown core. I love the absence of Virginia, why does it have to be in 98% of all blends?! Yea, I get it adds sweetness, but sometimes I just want the bold spice and tartness. And Night Twist is boldly spicy, dark, musty and tart.

The latakia is up forefront without overwhelming. Spicy, musty, creamy, a bit sweet and richly smoky and woodsy. The burley adds decent earthiness, a whiff of sweetness by times and hints of nuts, whilst the perique is peppery, spicy, tingly in the nose with a mild fruitiness and hints of sourness.

All in all it's very musty and tart, sometimes buttery, but always creamy. Intensly spicy without overwhelming. Definetly not an All-Day-Smoke, but a bold and nice after-dinner smoke for me. This will appeal both to the English smoker who looks for a bold experience, as well as to lovers of of dark Burley and Kentucky Blends such as Bold Kentucky or Old Dark Fired I'd think!

A tad tastier than Black Twist to me, so I'll give 3,5 stars!

Similar Blends: Motzek - Black Twist.