A ready rubbed mixture based on Havana Cigar Leaf in combination with Virginia & Perique.

BrandTabacum
Blended ByTabacum
Blend TypeCigar Leaf Based
ContentsCigar Leaf, Perique, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Full

DenizBeck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DenizBeck (181)
Medium None Detected Full Tolerable

This is the second blend of the "Havana-Line" by Tabacum that I got to try. H5 is a Va/Per with a decent amount of Havana (Cigar) Leaf added to it. As a big Va/Per fan I was looking forward to try this blend and I diddn't get dissapointed. A generous sample of approximate 15-20g gave me chance to delve into this blend quite a bit.

It's a ready rubbed mixture that's well rubbed out and doesn't need any further rubbing. When sticking my nose into the bag I got greeted by the familiar and genuine scent Virginia+Perique's give. Rich fruit notes, with some sourness to it, only gentle sweetness. Well woven into the intense fruity-sour smell a cigar-ish note is easily detectable, that's giving the scent a herbal and woodsy dimension. It came a tad too moist and needed at least 20mins of drying time to light and keep lit without any problems.

I also wanna mention that this tobacco is aged for quite a while before they sell it ( >1-year). Same goes for H4. H1 on the other hand comes un-aged but also holds a great aging potential I'd bet.

Lighting this unique blend up was just as much as an revelation as when I smoked H1, even tho I liked H1 a tad more in the beginning, this quickly became my favorite of the two!

The Va/Per part gives mild fruity-sour notes, very reminiscent of figs with a whiff of raisin-ish and breaddy quality to it. Gentle tones of grass after it rained and a light citrusy aroma. A slight honey-ish sweetness underlies. This mild, but rich in flavor Va/Per aroma is framed by the very creamy, full-bodied, yet mild and digestible Havana leaf. The Havan gives very herbal, somewhat nutty, a bit woodsy and some decent spice notes to round off this blend to perfection!

No flavorings I could detect, the smoke seems most natural, doesn't bite, isn't harsh and has no dull spots. Flawless, refined, perfect.

A genuine taste, that's uncomparable to anything I've smoked so far. Only H1 get's close. In direct comparison to H1 this one (H5) is a bit less cigar-ish, and has more of a rich character, whilst H1 has more dark and spicy charateristics.

Personally, I like H5 a tad more, yet I have to say both blends are top-notch and have a very unique character to them. So I don't have to think twice about giving this blend 4/4 stars, too! I'm deeply impressed - WOW!

Pipe Used: Clay Pipes / Various Briars