BrandScandinavian Tobacco Group (STG)
Blended ByScandanavian Tobacco Group
Manufactured ByScandinavian Tobacco Group
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Other / Misc, Vanilla
Packaging35g Pouch
Strength
Taste
Mild, Medium
Very Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
Stefanos Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stefanos (132)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Perfectly agreeable danish style tobacco (honey, maple, vanilla, sweet spice or something similar). Flavoring is mild and it does taste of real tobacco just mildly sweetened with complete absence of Cavendish as StevieB mentions. Has an mildly rough nutty edge, possibly from the Burley but it produced no tongue bite at all to me. It comes in roughly cut ribbons and has perfect moisture to load and smoke straight away. Burns cool, slow and dry. Leaves a slightly ashy aftertaste.

If you like Danish style tobacco with medium aromatization, Skandinavik Navy is surely recommended.

Mild to Medium Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Scandinavian Tobacco Group - Skandinavik Navy.

I bought this last week whilst on holiday in Portugal as one of my holiday smokes. Here's my thoughts:

The moisture of my pouch was smack-on when I first opened it. The cut's straight forward: a medium size ribbon. It's a split between brown, gold, and yellow; so this attests the absence of any black Cavendish: brown Cav'. The smoke's soft, both in flavour and construction. I don't get much of a vanilla flavour, instead I get a touch of honey, and I'm not sure as to what the alcohol is as I get no sharpness; the kind I'd expect from whisky. I'd be inclined to think it's rum, for one the name Navy implies rum, and two I get a molasses sweetness, as I'd expect from good rum. The burn from Skan' Navy's very well behaved, producing a low temperature, smooth, smoke.

Nicotine: mild to medium. Room-note: lovely.

Skandinavik Navy, recommended: