BrandScandinavian Tobacco Group (STG)
Blended ByScandanavian Tobacco Group
2.6
Skando Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skando (191)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

I could cut this very short and add my “+1” to the reviewers before me.

But each of them calls different flavouring, and that’s the point regarding this very educate VaBur mixture in the Danish style. Regarding me… I don’t feel the rhum which would qualify this as “Navy”, as first thing. To be frank, some alcoholic topping is present in the pouch note, over a grassy/nutty base, which is not reflecting in the smoke flavour. Seems to my tongue that the aromatizing factor is some nutty/almondy cream (or milk chocolate) plus raisins. Whichever, it’s all a faint thing and I have to say … a bit chemical, but nothing fastidious.

Not a memorable experience. The first similar tobacco coming to my mind is the Skandinavik White, but this is way better.

Pipe Used: Dunhill and Castello

Age When Smoked: fresh from pouch

Similar Blends: Skandinavik White.

MrPipey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MrPipey (5)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A rather interesting mild everyday blend. However, it feels nothing like an aromatic to me and reading the description as well as other reviews i am thinking stg might have actually changed the blend. It is slightly scented, so that i can detect a little bit of topping, smelling and tasting somewhat nutty. No alchohol or chocolate detected and to be honest my pouch had zero black cavendish inside. It's a simple virginia-burley mixture with mild strength and room note. Overall, nothing to get excited about, just an enjoyable everyday blend suitable for both aromatic and non-aromatic lovers, as well as for new and seasoned smokers.

Steden Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Steden (94)

The pouch smell is a compelling mix of true tobacco, chocolate, raisins and dried prunes. The cut is loose and the color range varies from pale yellow and tan to brown. As other reviewers noted, it lacks of that ubiquitous Black Cavendish as a filler, that’s probably why Navy is not tacky at all and has a bit more nicotine than average for such a kind of blend. Taste is mildly sweet, nutty, woody with subtle notes of dark fruits and chocolate, not dissimilar to the pouch smell. Both Burley and Virginia are clearly detectable, it’s just mildly flavored and this is singular: it is said that “Navy” is just the newer name of Skandinavik Aromatic due to the TPD2 European directive! Is it the old blend with a new name or a new blend as a whole? I’m unable to tell you, I used to smoke the old “Aromatic” in the early 90’s and all I can remember in similarities are the hue and the cut. Anyway, it’s a pleasant tobacco wich smokes soft, cool and rather dry with an inoffensive room note. Highly recommended for newbies.

Stefanos Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stefanos (150)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Perfectly agreeable danish style tobacco (honey, maple, vanilla, sweet spice or something similar). Flavoring is mild and it does taste of real tobacco just mildly sweetened with complete absence of Cavendish as StevieB mentions. Has an mildly rough nutty edge, possibly from the Burley but it produced no tongue bite at all to me. It comes in roughly cut ribbons and has perfect moisture to load and smoke straight away. Burns cool, slow and dry. Leaves a slightly ashy aftertaste.

If you like Danish style tobacco with medium aromatization, Skandinavik Navy is surely recommended.

Mild to Medium Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Scandinavian Tobacco Group - Skandinavik Navy.

I bought this last week whilst on holiday in Portugal as one of my holiday smokes. Here's my thoughts:

The moisture of my pouch was smack-on when I first opened it. The cut's straight forward: a medium size ribbon. It's a split between brown, gold, and yellow; so this attests the absence of any black Cavendish: brown Cav'. The smoke's soft, both in flavour and construction. I don't get much of a vanilla flavour, instead I get a touch of honey, and I'm not sure as to what the alcohol is as I get no sharpness; the kind I'd expect from whisky. I'd be inclined to think it's rum, for one the name Navy implies rum, and two I get a molasses sweetness, as I'd expect from good rum. The burn from Skan' Navy's very well behaved, producing a low temperature, smooth, smoke.

Nicotine: mild to medium. Room-note: lovely.

Skandinavik Navy, recommended: