BrandScandinavian Tobacco Group (STG)
Blended ByScandanavian Tobacco Group
Manufactured ByScandinavian Tobacco Group
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Other / Misc, Vanilla
Packaging35g Pouch
Strength
Taste
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
Steden Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Steden (94)

The pouch smell is a compelling mix of true tobacco, chocolate, raisins and dried prunes. The cut is loose and the color range varies from pale yellow and tan to brown. As other reviewers noted, it lacks of that ubiquitous Black Cavendish as a filler, that’s probably why Navy is not tacky at all and has a bit more nicotine than average for such a kind of blend. Taste is mildly sweet, nutty, woody with subtle notes of dark fruits and chocolate, not dissimilar to the pouch smell. Both Burley and Virginia are clearly detectable, it’s just mildly flavored and this is singular: it is said that “Navy” is just the newer name of Skandinavik Aromatic due to the TPD2 European directive! Is it the old blend with a new name or a new blend as a whole? I’m unable to tell you, I used to smoke the old “Aromatic” in the early 90’s and all I can remember in similarities are the hue and the cut. Anyway, it’s a pleasant tobacco wich smokes soft, cool and rather dry with an inoffensive room note. Highly recommended for newbies.

Stefanos Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stefanos (134)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Perfectly agreeable danish style tobacco (honey, maple, vanilla, sweet spice or something similar). Flavoring is mild and it does taste of real tobacco just mildly sweetened with complete absence of Cavendish as StevieB mentions. Has an mildly rough nutty edge, possibly from the Burley but it produced no tongue bite at all to me. It comes in roughly cut ribbons and has perfect moisture to load and smoke straight away. Burns cool, slow and dry. Leaves a slightly ashy aftertaste.

If you like Danish style tobacco with medium aromatization, Skandinavik Navy is surely recommended.

Mild to Medium Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Scandinavian Tobacco Group - Skandinavik Navy.

I bought this last week whilst on holiday in Portugal as one of my holiday smokes. Here's my thoughts:

The moisture of my pouch was smack-on when I first opened it. The cut's straight forward: a medium size ribbon. It's a split between brown, gold, and yellow; so this attests the absence of any black Cavendish: brown Cav'. The smoke's soft, both in flavour and construction. I don't get much of a vanilla flavour, instead I get a touch of honey, and I'm not sure as to what the alcohol is as I get no sharpness; the kind I'd expect from whisky. I'd be inclined to think it's rum, for one the name Navy implies rum, and two I get a molasses sweetness, as I'd expect from good rum. The burn from Skan' Navy's very well behaved, producing a low temperature, smooth, smoke.

Nicotine: mild to medium. Room-note: lovely.

Skandinavik Navy, recommended: