This Cavendish blend has a natural maple flavor giving it a distinctive character.

BrandClan Shaw
1.0
Aldo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Aldo (31)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

As the above reviewer stated, an unremarkable cavendish, very finely cut and chopped.

I tried this a couple of times in my search for a nice maple smoke. I found the taste to be much more reminiscent of the zing of brown sugar than the smooth sweetness of maple. As well, I found the taste of the bottom half to be somewhat bitter.

I found the House of Windsor "Mapleton" or even Lane's "Rum and Maple" to be much more agreeable to both my palate and the cleanliness of my pipes.

WNDE Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WNDE (69)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a rather unremarkable blend of Cavendish with a maple flavoring. The pouch aroma is pleasant with a slight maple smell. When smoking however, the maple taste is almost indiscernible. Instead of the expected sweet taste I found it to be a tad bitter. As with most blends with a sugar topping, it has a tendency to smoke hot with some gurgling in the pipe. The room note is pleasant but unexceptional. This isn?t bad tobacco but you could find much better aromatics elsewhere.