BrandMotzek
Blend TypeOriental
ContentsOriental/Turkish
Packaging50 grams pouch
Strength
Taste
Full
Tolerable to Strong
DenizBeck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DenizBeck (175)
Medium None Detected Full Tolerable to Strong

My 2nd go at Motzeks Blending tobaccos. The Oriental leaf comes in ribbons of medium sizes. Bright beige colors, with some yellow and orange-y tinge to it.

The pouch aroma smells like...well... it smells of nothing I could compare it to really! Some oriental (in the sense of exotic) spiciness is there. Rather tart, herbal and ethereal. It comes on the dry side (just as the Burley does).

Of course I smoked it on its own to get my hands on its taste qualities. Packed my small cob and delved into it. It has a very distinctive hard to describe aroma, that's definetly herbal, etheral and decently spicy aroma. But also very exotic. Maybe a touch of nuttiness to it. Even tho I have smoked quite some Motzek blends with their Oriental in it, this tastes very different. I'm excited to see how it will perform mixed with Burley, and one batch mixed with Burley and Perique.

Tastes good on its own.. and I'm surprised that it has some strenght to it- but not overly much! I'll update on how it does in blends. 4/4 stars, fine leaf!

Pipe Used: Corn Cob

Purchased From: http://dein-tabak.de/index.php (Motzek)