Four different Virginia provencies and a portion of a delicate Oriental tobacco are fermented together in the press together with the addition of a traditional discreetly fruity fig casings and then stored to maturity.

A flake inspired by tradition, slow burning, cool smoke and gently sweet taste.

Notes: "Elwood of London" blends had to be taken out of Dan Pipes offer 1992 due to trademark law reasons. Finally re-introduced in 2013.

BrandDan Tobacco
Blended ByDan Pipe / DTM
Manufactured ByDan Tobacco Manufacuring (DTM)
Blend TypeVirginia Based
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia
FlavoringFigs
Packaging50 grams tin, 250 grams pouch
Strength
Extra Strong
Taste
Overwhelming
1.0
DenizBeck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DenizBeck (175)
Mild to Medium Extra Strong Overwhelming Pleasant

When a sample of this tobacco arrived with my order, I was pretty excited at first. A pleasing, yet very intense smell of figs that comes along very natural was streaming out of the baggie.

Yet when I lit my first bowl of it, I had to dump it after the first quarter of the filling. The flavouring subdues anything tobacco-ey in the blend and becomes very obtrusive after a few puffs. You can clearly tell this is an aromatic made in Germany, as it's straight up UNSMOKEABLE without a filter! No tobacco to be found, the flavouring becomes way too intense and caused nausea to me.

Even tho I only smoked 1/4 of a bowl, the taste of figs lingered the whole day in my mouth, even having a good meal couldn't get it away! Urgh - this must've been one of the worst, if not THE worst "tobacco" I've got to smoke. And I guess even for aromatic fans this kind of flavouring would be way too much!

A filter tames the heavy and obtrusive flavouring a bit, but still the only thing you'll taste is the flavouring.

It's a shame...Dan Tobacco makes so many great tobaccos and also fine aromatics - but this is none of them! Sorry, but THIS is what I consider an 1-star blend.

It also ghosts like hell and you'll have to dedicate a pipe to this blend, if you like it! If...

Pipe Used: Clay pipe and a briar

Purchased From: Dan Pipe (DTM)