Translated from the German website: Sun-ripened, natural sweet Virginas and velvety soft black cavendish are composed with a very harmonic fruit potpourri from extracts of wild-berries, cherries and apples to create an aromatic and tongue friendly mixture. Pressed under heat and pressure, processed into flakes - in elaborate manual work.

BrandPeter Heinrichs
Taste
2.0
DenizBeck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DenizBeck (175)

An well made tobacco, but just nothing for me. It's a bit bity to me and also other told me, that they find this one a bit biting! The tobacco came way too dry in the tin and all flakes crumbled apart. I couldnt get 1 slice of a flake out without it falling in pieces - sad. Don't know if I got a bad tin, or this tobacco is supposed to be dry as hell. Maybe the dryness plays a role to the bityness of this tobacco.

Tin note is deliciously and natural fruit-potpourri-like. Not artificial at all, very well flavoured imho. Once lit it burns good, due to its low moisture level.

The taste is pleasant, and the citrus-ish Virginas do well with the flavouring. But all in all this one is a bit flat to me. But I'm not that big of a VA fan anyways. A smokeable tobacco, with pleasant roomnote and a good taste.

2/4 Stars, as this won't make it into my rotation and I won't buy another tin of it. Still recommended for pipe smokers, who like Aromatics and/or Virginas with a nice fruit topping.

Pipe Used: Bellini Straight Billiard (Briar)

Purchased From: Peter Heinrichs Chateau Henri, Bergheim, Germany