Amphora Special Reserve No. 8 is a composition of three types of tobacco: Virginia, burley and modern cavendish. Mild tobacco aroma of exotic fruit.

BrandMac Baren
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
JimInks (2028)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The base of the blend is the grassy, citrusy Virginia, which is processed in the cavendish style, and also offers a few drops of honey. The nutty, earthy, woody, molasses sweet burley plays a support role. The unsweetened black cavendish provides some brown sugar. The exotic fruit toppings are hard to define, but I notice mango, strawberries, blackberries, pineapple, and kiwi along with something sour. I also detect a pervasive mild floral note. The toppings mostly sublimate the tobaccos. The taste level is just shy of medium while the strength level in mild to medium. The nic-hit is mild. Won’t bite or get harsh. Burns cool and clean at a moderate pace with a rather smooth, lightly tart and sour/sweetness, though the topping does lose just a tad of its potency in the last quarter of the experience. Leaves little moisture in the bowl, and requires an average number of relights. Has a very pleasant, slightly lingering after taste and room note. Not quite an all day smoke, mainly due to the floral quality of one of the toppings, though it’s certainly a repeatable one.

Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a pretty good aromatic. The topping is well applied and perhaps, overshadows the underlying leaf a little too much, but does not overwhelm the palate. It smokes pretty dry and cool leaving no biting or tongue issues. The flavor of the topping is instantly recognizable as fruit and there is maybe a touch of vanilla.

An odd thing about this one was the tin note, or bag note since I received a sample, did not smell good at all to my nose before lighting. In fact, I thought it kind of smelled rank. But when I lit it up, I really enjoyed it and found that that was when the fruitiness really came out. As for room note, I don't think I was in the company of anyone when I smoked this sample, so I have no unbiased opinion on this. I like to think it was divine as that was how the sidestream smelled to me.

It is a good aro, but probably won't rise to the level of one of my favorites. Three aromatic stars.