Lighter and milder than the original with a rich flavour and medium strength producing a cool/slow burning smoke.

Notes: Previously known as Condor Mild

BrandGallaher Limited
Blended ByGallaher Limited
Packaging50g Pouch
Tonio50 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tonio50 (3)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This was recommended to me by a pipe smoker in Derry NI. When I first tried it I was taken by how sweet it was to smoke. It burns coolish and at a moderate rate with zero tonguebite. Sadly this blend is not available in the south of Ireland so I'm at the mercy of my travelling friends to supply me (duty in Ireland can be severe when importing tobacco by post!)

I've tried many other tobaccos and keep returning to this blend simply because it is so tasty. I regularly smoke Squadron Leader and some of the excellent James Fox tobaccos.

The sweet flavour remains right throughout the smoke and it leaves a nice after taste on the lips.

Try might be very surprised

Pipe Used: Petersons System and Meerschaum

Purchased From: Belfast

Philosopher Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Philosopher (27)

I'm going to give this a 4 as it is a lovely smoke. I don't think it's totally unlike the Condor ready rubbed - it has the same floral/soapy/vinous taste and aroma. No bite at all even though I'm a bit of a puffer. Might not be the baccy I'd choose for the desert island but it's certainly good.

fran009 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fran009 (2)
Medium Mild to Medium Full Strong

Good combustion, with trend to create dampness towards the end of the whiff. It supports the flavor until the end, combining the sweetness of the beginning with an evolution later to more earthy tones. It tastes Virginias, nothing to see with the Condor Original.

SamH Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SamH (31)

Very nice. Not quite to my taste as St Bruno or the other main two Condors, but an interesting and rather pleasant change nonetheless. A one to give a go I feel. I buy it occasionally to alter the usual rotation.

Pipe Used: Various

Age When Smoked: From shop, soon after.

Purchased From: Tobacconist in Brighton.

Similar Blends: Condor's others, in a way..

Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Condor-Blended . This is a blend I've been wanting to smoke for ages but have never got around to! I remember the old U.K. advert with the irritating old sailor on the canal, that always made me smile!

The mixture is quite dark and doesn't appear to be very coarse or chunky. It's not that the pieces are exactly miniscule but they are slightly finer and shorter than a lot of ready rubbed blends.

The smell that's emanating is a very raw one, woodsy, grassy, and slightly sweet, as if there's a touch of caramel in there.

I can't complain about this when it comes to lighting it, a few minor touches of the flame suffice brilliantly and once lit it gives a very stable burn.

The quantity of smoke this produces is immense. Now, that's good and bad. Good for me as I get oodles of fortuitous grassy and sweet Virginia smoke to savour on my palate but bad for any company in the room and also quite unpleasant from time to time when it gets in my eyes!

Although it says there's no additional flavours I get a very slight caramel type of taste. Similar to the initial aroma.

I agree with the other title of Condor Mild where nicotine is concerned, there couldn't be a more appropriate description!

I find the taste from this takes feeling calm to the next level. As pleasurable as this is, it becomes a bit boring after a while, as if maybe a touch of something lively needs incorporating to give it some excitement!

Initially this is a solid four stars for me but after a little while that rating slips to three.

Pipe Used: Nording Tulip

Purchased From: My Smoking Shop

Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Condor Blended may have once been called Condor Mild, but if so, the 'mild' doesn't seem to apply as much to the underlying tobacco but to the casing. Most of the botanicals and other flavorings in regular Condor are missing, but it's still fairly flavored. One reviewer suggested brandy, but it tastes more like Tonquin to me. Compared to Lakelands, I'd say the casing is stronger than Glengarry's flavor, more similar to SG's but since I know there are many tobaccos out there I would rate a 4, the question arises would I rebuy this particular tobacco, assuming my tastes don't change much more. In this case, the answer is no.

Wibblefishofdoom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wibblefishofdoom (130)

Having absolutely adored Long Cut and Ready Rubbed, I finally decided to give this a go. Let's face it, after those, what could go wrong?

First off, the packet aroma is quite sweet, possibly a sweet brandy with a dash of port. Packing and lighting worked just as sweetly. Sadly, for the first few smokes I was relatively unimpressed by this, it was a bit rough hitting the back of the throat. It took a good few, perhaps ten, to finally get me into the the swing of this as eventually I began to warm to it, that sweet brandy flavour came through. A lack of tonguebite was quite a welcome surprise.

On the whole then, this doesn't win any awards and doesn't fair well against it's full blooded bigger brothers but nonetheless satisfies. Three stars is a fair assessment I think.

Grundie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Grundie (26)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Strong

Despite what the packaging say's this tastes nothing like regular Condor, I had expected a milder version of the regular Condor but instead I got a quite different beast. Opening the pouch the smell of virginia was very noticeable, but it had a tinge of cigarette tobacco to it, no other tobacco's or flavours could be detected. The cut is fine, much finer than the ready rubbed version and colour is a consistent golden brown. It is very easy to light and smokes well, tongue bite is nil even if smoked hard. However the lack of toungue bite comes at a price, there is no noticable flavour to this tobacco, it is clearly virginia but it lack's the subtle tastes and flavours of other milder pipe tobacco's that aren't mass produced. I got very bored smoking this tobacco, simply because I couldn't get any flavour out of it. The room note is surprisingly stong and the smell isn't that pleasant, it smells a little bit like stale sweat! That said this would be great tobacco for a beginner to pipe smoking, the weak flavouring and lack of toungue bite it might be just the thing for a beginner who doesn't want a shock from too much flavour or bite.