Rich dark tobacco. "Rich full flavour of air cured and flue cured tobacco, pressed hard, matured and then sliced."

BrandJ. F. Germain & Son
Taste
Blain407 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Blain407 (4)
Strong Extremely Mild Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a wonderful VA/Bur. To my mind it is stonehaven without a topping only it seems to have much more of a kick to it than stonehaven or rich dark flake. Imho this blend has the highest nicotine content of all the Germain’s blends. It’s not harsh or rough smoke though. As smooth as stonehaven if not smoother. The smoke is creamy and I got hints of semi sweet chocolate and horse oats. It has a more natural tobacco flavor and smell than stonehaven and this I attribute to the lack of topping on ‘Hampton flake. I think this is Germain’s best dark flake and it is tough to get but very much worth it.

Pipe Used: Kaywoodie meerschaum

Similar Blends: Esoterica Tobacciana - Stonehaven, J. F. Germain & Son - Rich Dark Flake, Rattray - Stirling Flake (Flake Collection), Peterson - Irish Flake.

New England Pipe Works Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
New England Pipe Works (2)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

Four star. All I smoke now after over forty years of pipe smoking are Germain blends and flakes. And Hampton Flake is by far one of my favorites out of their dark Flakes. I'm not one to wax poetically about these notes and those notes. So all I would say is,if you're thinking about spending your hard earned money on a tin of Tobacco.....YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THIS INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS DARK FLAKE. It's a four star Tobacco all the way.

Pipe Used: Meerschum

Age When Smoked: One year

Purchased From: I got a guy

Similar Blends: Stone Haven but without the casing...but still a natural sweetness to it.

New England Pipe Works Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
New England Pipe Works (2)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium to Full Pleasant