A full flavoured blend with fire-cured cavendish added for mellowing the robust burley. A mild cherry flavoring and a dash of vanilla is added for a semi-sweet, pleasant, slow burning smoke.

Brand4noggins
2.0
BUSTACOBBS Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BUSTACOBBS (3)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I was tipped off to this by a forum member at pipesmagazine the day it hit the site. Being a big fan of the original, I was curious and gave it a go. I took a bowl of the original and bowl of this in MM cobs and puffed them side by side. The 4-noggins blend is probably the closet to the original as it might get. I do feel like many of Tewksbury's blends carried a consistency in flavor but I'd be damned to know the difference if you switched them up on me. 4noggins HWM has the same wonderful burst of flavor and just the tiniest amount of sharpness I love in the original. I hope to see the Tewksbury folks back in the game soon but till then I am buying this! great job guys.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Marte Poker / MM Country Gentleman

Purchased From: 4noggins

Similar Blends: Tewksbury Hobbit's Weed.

slithery Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
slithery (2)
Very Mild Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is my first review and I must confess that I will be reviewing based on my personal preference. I bought 8oz. of this with the intention of smoking a bit and sending a lot to people, as I am Canadian and for some reason Hobbit's Weed is regarded here. I like aromatics. I don't like cherry. I work in a candy factory and this tobacco smells like work, and work reminds me of cheap kiddie carnival vomit. The vanilla is pleasant but the cherry just reminds me too much of cherry flavoured hard candy drops usually given out during Halloween. To try and be fair, it is by no means an offensively bad tobacco overall, it is just offensive to my personal palate. I sent some samples out as well as a few others in my cellar to random people in the tobacco community and did a contest on a Facebook forum to give away the rest, as there is no way I will be smoking this. Personal rating is a 1/5/ More professional rating, for lack of a better term, would be 3/5. It, like everything, is certainly worth trying but for me, it is worth trying once.

Pipe Used: Pear wood churchwarden

Age When Smoked: Immediately

Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

4noggins - Tewksbury Hobbit's Weed Match.

The first thing I noticed, and didn't like, was the chemical pouch-note. It appears to be quite a rugged construction, including some coarse broken flakes, big leaves, and sadly a few twigs. Mine was only a little too wet, but still smokeable fresh.

I don't know if maybe my expectations were to high but it seems like a basic cherry and vanilla aromatic. I find the cherry outweighs the vanilla, more so for the beginning of a bowl. Subsequently, the cherry still leads, but the vanilla becomes slightly easier to ascertain after the first third. I've had some wonderful blends from 4noggins, both aromatic and natural, but if I'm honest the cherry in this tastes far too chemical and false, with an overriding sweetness to it. I get little from the tobaccos, to me this is a red-blooded aromatic. On the plus side I get no bite and the temperature's cool!

The nicotine's mild to medium, and the room-note's good.

This isn't awful, but not my type of blend.

Somewhat recommended.

Pipe Used: Cob

Age When Smoked: Four weeks

Stinkypipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stinkypipe (156)

Well ole Frodo may smoke this blend and like it but it's not a big fav of mine. Again another aromatic that is mild and weak in taste. Smells nice upon opening with a nice hint of cherry. Burns OK for an aromatic and does not seem to smoke too hot. The cherry flavor is slight and comes and goes. I am not a big cherry blend lover but this is pretty good blend as tobacco flavor goes. If your looking for a cherry flavored smoke this may not suit your taste buds but as a simple nice tobacco flavored smoke this is a keeper.

Pipe Used: Boswell freehand

Age When Smoked: Fairly fresh

Jason h. Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jason h. (47)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable

This was very chemically compared to the original, and didnt have nearly the subtle cherry flavor of the original, nor the aroma. Save your money, the original Hobbits Weed is still gone for right now.