A quality blend of Golden and Black Cavendish flavored with the rich taste of Colombian coffee. A gourmet smoke alive with flavour.

BrandAbenaki Tobacco Co.
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
2.5
chetking Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chetking (54)

I love the concept of being able to smoke pipe tobacco with your favorite beverage or fruit, i.e. bravo for all the rhum, whiskey, peach, black cherry, apple and amaretto flavours out there. So in this respect Abenaki Columbian Coffee does the job admirably...for me it is absolutely one of the great joys of the day savoring coffee cased tobacco with my first or second cup of java.

This is a sweetly flavoured smoke that burns cool and consistently throughout the entire pipe smoking ritual. Don't think I've ever had a hot or nasty tasting bowl of this one.

Reminds me very much, almost like a "match," of E.A. Carey's aromatic coffee mixture. But I'd be hesitant to put it in the league of the classic "Moca," an unrivaled fusion of strong coffee and cocoa available from the Mission Pipe Shop out of San Jose, CA. This is just a plainly delightful aromatic smoke. But I'm still in a quandry as to why Abenaki Columbian Coffee isn't spelled Colombian, as in the Colombian coffee beans that originated in, well, Colombia? Are they using Maxwell House French Roast? Go figure. Happy hunting...

Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I do not know who actually blends Columbian Coffee. I know my plastic zip-lock pouch came from the Bull & Bear Tobacco Shop in Saint Charles. A friend sent it to me for testing.

Yes, it had a coffee casing, and despite being quite "gloppy" in the pouch, it smoked mostly dry. As expected, it smoked a bit warm and left the coffee flavoring in my pipe for a while. I suggest dedicating pipe reserved for aromatics to this stuff.

Pleasantly, I tasted tobacco as well as coffee as I smoked. A bowl of Columbian coffee with my morning cup of java had me wired for the rest of the day!