A combination of mixed menthol and an extremely dark American tobacco with a distinct chocolaty flavour.

BrandAlfie Turmeaus
Blended ByAlfie Turmeaus
Manufactured ByAlfie Turmeaus
FlavoringCocoa / Chocolate, Mint
Strength
Strong
Taste
Very Mild Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Alfie Turmeaus - After Dinner Mint.

Normally I'm not exactly a fan of mint or menthol tobaccos', but I do like After Eight mints and judging by the ingredients I assumed the flavour of this wouldn't differ much. However, with it containing mint I wasn't too confident as to how it would taste.

The blend contains an even quantity of black Cavendish to lighter Virginia/Burley. The cut is quite rugged, and the chocolate/mint can be easily obtained from the pouch note. On the low side of things there are a few twiggy pieces in the bag.

The smoke is just like I'd first expected it to be: After Eight mints! The mint carries more weight than the chocolate; this abates the sharpness but gives less flavour than the mint. The chocolate prevents too much minty sharpness, and, quid pro quo, the mint stops any chocolaty gloopiness! They work very well with one another. The temperature of the smoke feels very cool, and I get no tongue bite from it.

Nicotine junkies may want to look elsewhere, and I quite like the room-note: it's very minty and fresh!

Surprisingly, I'm going to recommend this!

Four stars.