A wonderfully gentle, traditionally matured Black Cavendish forms the aromatic base of this predominantly dark blend, which is loosened by some gold-brown flake scraps. The premium flavoring of apple and vanilla with a hint of cinnamon makes the smoking pleasure perfect.

Notes: The "Ilas Canarias" are a popular holiday destination. Your special flair with mountains, sun, wind and water have inspired Michael Apitz to a new tobacco creation. The name was given by the popular song "Blue Canary" recorded by Dinah Shore in 1953.

BrandMichael Apitz' Private Blend
Blended ByMichael Apitz for DTM
Manufactured ByDan Tobacco Manufacuring (DTM)
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
2.0
DenizBeck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DenizBeck (153)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

The description had already made me waiting for this one. After the Blend "reserve Crue 10" (Golden Flake with decent (Wild-)Berries-Flavouring) from the Peter Heinrichs already tasted pretty nice, I expected to get something similiar.

But when the tobacco arrived, first a shock: So strongly aromatic - almost already perfumed tobacco I NEVER smelled in my short pipe career a favlouring that strong. I know that it never tastes as intense as it smells, but the strength of flavor had made me honestly already scared :-P

Well, today I decided to try 3-Quarter of a Pipe - just to try - and immediately regreted i hadnt filled up completely :-) The penetrating fragrance is absolutely not to be found in taste.

Clearly I taste the fruity note and the cinnamon quite subtly. Very good aromatic imo!! But rather recommended for Aromatic-Fans, due to its heavy (but tasty) flavouring) Vanilla is not really to taste as vanilla, but its found as "the base" of the Fruit taste and enhancing the smoking experience.

The Tobacco is based solely on a lot of Black Cavendish. "Golden Flake Scraps" are not too many to be found. The Tobacco adds a very little spicy note to the whole experience, which I find an excellent addition to the flavoring.

All around for my taste simply a good tasting aromatic tobacco.

Pipe: My Starter Set Pipe from the P.H. (Bellini, model unknown, straight, medium filling volume in a billiard head)

---- Update 06.02.2017; Went from 3 to 2 Stars as I now have more experience with aromatics. It's still a good smoke to me - but theres better hemp out there ;-) Its highly enjoyable as a "dessert" or when you get hunger for something sweet to smoke. But clearly no All-Day/Every-Day-Smoke to me at least. ----

For german speaking people on here there is a good review by "JogiExperience" on Youtube:

YouTube Video

Pipe Used: Bellini Straight Billiard (Briar)

Purchased From: DanPipe (DTM)