A 30% burley mixture with dark and bright Virginia and a pinch of black cavendish with some Kentucky. Natural notes of nuts and chocolate.

BrandMotzek
Taste
Stefanos Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stefanos (134)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

According to the seller this is a 30% Burley mixture with dark and bright Virginias, a little Black Cavendish and natural notes of nuts and chocolate. Now, I am not sure what ‘natural notes’ really means, is it aromatized with natural extracts of nuts and chocolate, or is it a description of the natural aromas of the tobacco? I tend to believe it is the first case as the mixture seems to me to be certainly aromatized. It actually smells like a sweet brioche pastry. And though I am not familiar with the type, it seems to me to be a mild Danish Blend – I say this on the ground that it is quite similar in style with Davidoff’s Danish blend with which I am familiar.

Comes in a varied cut which mostly consists of rubbed out flakes with bits of a different darker broken flake (Cavendish?) and is interspersed with a few pieces of bright single leafs and some small coins.

It’s an acceptable tobacco, not bad at all, uncomplicated but nothing exciting. I actually bought it because I read the description as if the tobacco had natural aromas of nuts and chocolate, so I am a little bit disappointed, but if you know what you are getting it’s a pretty good mixture. Mild in strength, burning easily and uniformly, no bite, right moisture and good flavor intensity. Can easily become an all-day smoke for those who like the style. A 2.5 stars tobacco for me.

Purchased From: Dein-Tabak