A mild blend consisting of double-fermented black Cavendish in combination with Brazil ripe and mature flue-cured Virginia tobaccos in different cuts with a slightly fruity flavour.

BrandDavidoff
Blended ByOrlik
Manufactured ByOrlik Tobacco Company
Blend TypeVirginia Based
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringFruit / Citrus
Strength
Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Strong
Taste

Stefanos Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stefanos (132)
Medium Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

I like Lakelands and scented tobaccos and I also dip, albeit infrequently, in a Danish blend, but generally I regard full-fledged aromatics with trepidation. I would never have bought these new Davidoff products to start with, but I was kindly given a generous sample of each and I did smoke them.

They all smelled exuberantly, Malawi smelled of butterscotch, Brazil of tropical fruit and Argentina like a sweet Christmas pastry.

They all seemed to need some drying time and I obliged without letting them dry out completely. All took to light easily and burned well, fairly dry and cool, without need of relights. None produced any tongue bite to me and all smoked well to the end without becoming harsh or moistening the pipe excessively. So these blends do not seem to consist of inferior tobaccos heavily cased to mask the dullness or harshness of the tobacco, on the contrary these are extremely well crafted aromatics.

Now as far as flavor is concerned I got what I smelled from all three. With Brazil in particular there is zingy tropical fruit/citrucy taste that lingers. And I could still taste tobacco. I also tried it completely dry (still burned cool and did not become harsh) and it did taste even more of tobacco. I actually preferred it completely dry. The only problem for me is that the taste is not only exuberant, some Lakelands are also exuberant, but that the taste of the casing is a little bit artificial and I think I prefer tobaccos more naturally aromatized. I do not think I would ever buy these tobaccos, but since taste is subjective and quality-wise these blends seem to me to be very good for what they are –i.e. full-fledged aromatics, I will give them three stars. Were I more experienced with true aromatics I might have judged them differently, so take my review with a pinch of salt. Actually for their category they might very possibly merit four stars…

Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Tolerable to Strong

Davidoff - Brazil Virginia.

I was surprised when I opened the pouch, it contains prominently black Cavendish. The mix includes a tiny proportion of yellow Virginia flecks, but I'd expected a blend named Brazil Virginia to be golden. The moisture's acceptable, it could do with arriving a bit dryer, but it's smokeable fresh. It's been rubbed into a coarse ribbon.

I struggled to identify any fruit/citrus, for the first few minutes, but once a burn had settled it began to come through. After five minutes I couldn't believe I'd missed it! It's not strong, but it gives the smoke a citrusy lift and prevents it being just like any other sticky black Cavendish. Brazil Virginia burns well, giving a cool smoke.

I'm not a fan of the room-note, and the nicotine's very mild.

If I'm honest, I much prefer the flavour while the burn's settling and there's no fruit; that's a three star taste, but the fruit/citrus reduces it to one/two.

I'll be generous:

Two stars.

Pipe Used: Peterson Rosslare #03

Purchased From: My Smoking Shop

khuneidi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
khuneidi (3)
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Though i was very careful and having a relaxed Smoking but i felt the tongue bite first few minutes i couldn't feel the flavors, but after 5 minutes it was hitting like anything. flavor was strong and covering the tobacco flavor sweetness is very clear flavor is some kind of hot lemon was not a very good experience but i may let it age for some time and give it another try

Pipe Used: savinelli Dolomiti

Age When Smoked: direct from the pouch

Purchased From: Dubai Duty Free

Gaius Baltar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gaius Baltar (18)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I am not an enthusiast of aromatic tobaccos or Danish blends but despite that I risk to try it. The appearance of the mixture is a ready-to-rubbed thick ribbon, predominating the black cavendish over some golden virginias. The humidity is fine but I preferred to let it dry for about an hour. The smell is tremendous, a kind of sponge cake or fruit bonbon, light well and a sweet chocolate is added to the fruit flavor. The flavors take turns throughout the smoke and last until the end. It does not bite the tongue, but it is advisable to smoke delicately to appreciate the flavors in their magnitude. The flavors are not noticeable artificial or chemical and the tobacco is of very high quality. Leaves a whitish ash and smokes fresh and dry. It is a highly recommended surprise.

Pipe Used: Rotation

Age When Smoked: New from the pouch.

Purchased From: Duaso tobacco shop from Barcelona