Partagas pipe tobacco combines burley for nuttiness, black cavendish for sweetness, and latakia for smokiness, resulting in a blend that takes an English-aromatic crossover direction in its components, but goes without any additional topping.

BrandLane Limited
Pleasant, Tolerable to Strong, Strong
jedibastard Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jedibastard (21)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable to Strong

Man did i want to like this. My favorite cigar is making pipe tobacco? It worked for Drew Estates.....so lets try it!!!

Wow this stuff is terrible!!!!

Tin note is smokey and sweet. A tad sticky but not horrible. Dry time is recommended.

Lighting the tobacco should have been an indication of how the rest of the bowl will be. Gross.

It became perfume like, and just stinks. Flavor tastes like it smells. Think of really bad car air freshener. I couldnt detect any type of tobacco. No sweetness. No nuttiness. Nothing.

I tossed the bowl less then half way through. It was making me sick just smelling it.

What a bummer.

Purchased From: P&C

simonol Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
simonol (3)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

Again I agree with StevieB in near everything.

There is something we have to made clear before nothing else. As "Partagas" is a Cigar brand, somebody could expect a Cigar Leaf based blend, and IT DOESN'T HAVE CIGAR LEAF AT ALL.

I would classify this blend as a clear example of the so called "SWEET ENGLISH" blend. It's not exactly what you expect from an English blend, but it's not an Aromatic English at all, as I cannot detect any topping.

What you have here is an English blend where the Oriental leaf has been switched for a good tasty amount of Black Cavendish. So what you'll experience is an English smoke where the spiciness of the oriental leaf has been replaced for a very creamy black cavendish.

It's a very well balanced blend. For the english blend smoker can be a kind iof sweet dessert after many spicy bowls. For the aro lover, it's a must try as very pleasant introduction to straight tobacco, English blends or latakia.

Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Strong

Lane Limited - Partagas.

The ribbon cut mixture's half and half dark to medium brown. The moisture's great, and the ribbons are slightly coarse.

When I lit my first bowl I was imminently impressed by a certain quality: the thickness of the smoke. I always enjoy a smoke that's really palpable and that's exactly what this is: a very thick, heavy, and almost tangible smoke. Need I point out that it's a good idea to have a window opened! Regarding any aromatic side, I don't get too much; I get more of a well-balanced taste of the tobaccos'. There's not a massive waft of Latakia smoke, Burley nuttiness, or too much black Cavendish sweetness, it tastes exceptionally proportionate. I get no tongue bite from it, the burn's quite cool, and once lit it's self reliant.

The nicotine's mild to medium, and as I implied at the start, the room-note's heavy!

I hate it when there's only one review to date and I give a completely diametric result; I either sound like an argumentative cretin, or a freak, but I really like this!

Highly recommended.