A rich, complex tobacco flavour of smoky Latakia, and Oriental tobaccos with a touch of Perique. Some specially chosen Havana cigar leaf is added to give added depth of flavour.

BrandAlfie Turmeaus
Blended ByAlfie Turmeaus
Manufactured ByAlfie Turmeaus
Blend TypeOther
ContentsCigar Leaf, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Perique
Strength
Taste
Full
Strong
1.0
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Strong

Alfie Turmeaus - Mystery Mix B.

I bought this online from Cgars ltd; go to loose tobaccos, Alfie's blends, and then Mystery Mix's A, B and C are right there.

The appearance of the mix is very unique, I'd call it a Mixture: there's pieces of broken flake, bits of shag, ribbons and sadly some twigs. I can't grumble about the moisture as I had a bowl on its arrival without any need to let it dry.

For the first part of a bowl there's only a tiny amount of Cigar Leaf in the smoke, it's easily governed by the Oriental and Latakia. It tastes this way until about a third of the way through a bowl, and then the Cigar Leaf becomes a lot stronger. I struggle to detect much of the Perique, there's maybe a slight pluminess but it's smothered by the sharp flavour of Cigar Leaf and the smoky Latakia. It also develops a strange sort of minty taste; I'm not a fan. For me, this REALLY falls down in a subjective area: tongue bite; ow!

The room-note has quite a heavy cigar quality, and the nicotine's above medium.

I'm sure many guys will love this, but it falls short in too many areas for me.

Not recommended.