This is based on sweet, American aromatics, with an emphasis on fruity flavours. A very mild tobacco with a more subtle flavouring than you would usually find in pure American aromatics. A pleasant hint of cherry and a touch of spice to add complexity to the blend.

BrandAlfie Turmeaus
Blended ByAlfie Turmeaus
Blend TypeAmerican
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCherry, Fruit / Citrus, Spices
Strength
Taste
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Alfie Turmeaus - Mystery Mix A.

I bought all three of the 'Mystery Mix's' by Alfie Turmeaus, and reviewed Mix B yesterday. As I only rated it with one star it goes without question I didn't like it. This on the other hand is better.

When I lifted the pouch's lip I noticed that just like Alfie T' Mix B it's coarser than what you'd expect from a blend labelled Ready Rubbed. The moisture's absolutely fine, so on with the smoking qualities:

I have to differ with the current description of 'a more subtle flavouring. But although it's rather heavy, it's quite pleasant: the cherry and spices are easy to ascertain, but, there's an anomaly to the description: quite a clear vanilla flavour. It burns cool (that always sounds odd; how the heck does something BURN cool?!), and gives quite a thick textured smoke. For Mix A to bite it requires time; I smoked three bowls in succession this morning and the first was totally tame, but subsequently it began: the second gave a subtle nip, and the final gave me an emphatic bite.

The room-note's nice, albeit full and false, and the nicotine's mild.

I think MMA qualifies as a three star blend.

Recommended.

Pipe Used: Altinok Straight Billiard Meer'

Purchased From: Cgars.com, go to pipes and tobacco, pipe tobacco, Alfies blends, and there the mix's are