A hand pressed blend named after the zip code where My Own Blend is located (Assens, Denmark). 40% Latakia, Virginia and black Cavendish. The tobacco is delivered in 'bars' so is neither a plug or a flake, but very easy to break up. A blend to take it easy with and smoke gently.

BrandPaul Olsen
Strength
Taste
Tolerable to Strong
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Tolerable to Strong

Paul Olsen - 5610 (My Own Blend).

This is a very easy kake to work with. My tin contains two and a half blocks with a small proportion of the blend being broken into ribbons already. Crumbling the formed kakes is exceedingly simple: the moisture's brilliant and just a gentle rub turns the kake into perfect ribbons.

5610 can be lit with just a quick touch of the flame, and burns good, giving off a cool, bite-free smoke. With the flavour, the Latakia's responsible for a large amount of it, but doesn't detract from its counterparts too much. I get a greater amount of black Cavendish compaired to Virginia, this seems to have been added at a greater weight going by both the taste, and the dark appearance of my kakes; they look like they contain a higher proportion of black Cavendish and Latakia, than they do golden Virginia.

I get a fairly mild nicotine buzz from 5610, and I don't like the room-note.

I can't really fault the smoke, but all things considered: price, availability, and the fact it only comes in 100g tin (so if you don't like it your stuck with loads), I can't give it a high recommendation. Three stars seems fair:

Recommended.