A premier league, super high quality tobacco made using only the finest Gold leaf Virginia leaves. Totally unique with the slight orange note you only get from the purest Virginia.

Notes: Sold in pouches as Goldleaf R/R. Sold in bulk at Virginia Goldleaf.

BrandJ. F. Germain & Son
Blended ByJ.F. Germain & Son
Manufactured ByJ.F. Germain & Son
PackagingBulk, 50 grams pouch,
Strength
Extremely Mild
Taste
Mild Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

J. F. Germain & Son - Virginia Goldleaf.

It isn't much of a surprise where the colour of the blend's concerned: just a bit lighter than medium brown. But what does come as more of a surprise is the cut. I'd expected a blend composed of fine ribbons, which the majority is, but there's a few bulkier broken flakes in there too. The hydration makes it ready to pipe straight from the pouch, so on we go:

There's no question from me regarding the high quality of the flavour: sharp, citrusy, and lively. The burn from G.V. is very even and steady for the whole trip, it doesn't really need much attention, at all. I couldn't detect any orange at first, and didn't really believe the description, but towards the end of my first bowl what began as a nebulous citrus taste transpired into quite a clear orange one. To be negative, it can bite a touch if I over-draw my pipe, so I puff gently.

The room-note's nice as it's pretty light, and the nicotine's mild.

This is a cracking straight Virginia:

Highly recommended.